How many of us -WAPOL

Old May 12th 2013, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

PaqMusic is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many of us -WAPOL

Hi,

There are expected 150 places for 2014 start according to the step forward website.
I wonder how many of us bobbies are applying - anyone with previous experience of ratio of applicants per available spaces?

Regards
Old May 13th 2013, 11:39 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many of us -WAPOL

Can't tell you the ratios your looking for, but I'm applying for this next round. Slight difference for me is that I'm an Aussie applying for lateral entry rather than international, but would expect, if successful, to complete a transitional course with the successful UK applicants.

Have previously posted on here, but I'm 40 with wife and 2 kids (6 and 2) and sincerely hope to make the move, for my kids sake as much as anything else. 15 years in the job, but have an Australian mother, hence I have no requirement for visas/sponsorship. Wife has to get a spouse visa though.

Good luck everyone.
Old May 13th 2013, 1:25 pm
Forum Regular

Nottsscouse is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll watch this space with interest! I'm hopefully applying!
Old May 13th 2013, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

Well, there's me and two of my team mates. I've sent mine off 5 weeks ago. Most likely we will all get results after the 22nd. Fingers crossed and good luck to all
Old May 13th 2013, 10:11 pm
Forum Regular

Only realised they were recruiting a few days ago! Anyone know anybody who's made the jump?
Old May 18th 2013, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

t9jla will become famous soon enough

I'm on a career break but currently in WA because OH has job here. I'm considering applying. As for numbers SAPOL gave away about 90 visas 2 years ago and there were in the region of 1500 UK applicants !
Old May 21st 2013, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

Tighter rules re applications to SA police I think, so hopefully not many. Had n e mail acknowledging receipt of application... That was tight!
Old May 21st 2013, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Ignore my last...only just realised they've altered the criteria
Old May 21st 2013, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Forms are in the post anyone done the half day test can give any pointers for prep. Books, CDs etc to practice.

Feel nervous already and not even got an interview.
Old May 21st 2013, 12:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by richie-318
Forms are in the post anyone done the half day test can give any pointers for prep. Books, CDs etc to practice.

Feel nervous already and not even got an interview.
There's a test on the web site mate, the link is on the page you'd have applied from.
Old May 21st 2013, 12:25 pm
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep seen those was hoping someone knew best place to get a named practice cd , book or download?
Old May 21st 2013, 12:27 pm
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Search through the step forward website, cannot remember where it is, but there are references to books which may help in this area. I think it's in te further questions section.
Old May 21st 2013, 7:47 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Re:tests.
I did some of the sample tests on the website. They send you an automated e-mail which lists books they recommend:

'In addition to the sample tests found on this website, these are some textbooks that you may find useful in your preparation, however please note that there are a wide range of available resources for purchase both in bookstores and online that may also assist you. Appropriate textbooks may also be obtained at no cost from your local library.

Title: How To Pass Selection Tests (5th edition 2011, 4th edition 2010 or 3rd edition 2005)
Author: Mike Byron & Sanjay Modha

Title: Preparing For Career Selection Tests: Numeracy and General Ability (3rd edition 2005)
Author: Vera Joosten

Title: Practise Now! How to Prepare For Recruitment and Selection Tests (2002)
Author: ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) Press

Title: More Practise Now (2007)
Author:ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research) Press.'

I haven't ordered any yet. But I think you can get them through Amazon.
On one of the threads was mention of a company which will coach you through all the tests, if you can find it.
Old May 21st 2013, 8:11 pm
Forum Regular

in regards to the comment about 1500 applications some time ago, this is clearly not the case now, as they have extended the application deadline and removed the 7 year service bar.

In terms of the coaching website - it's: www.policeprep.com

good luck studying
Old May 22nd 2013, 9:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PaqMusic
in regards to the comment about 1500 applications some time ago, this is clearly not the case now, as they have extended the application deadline and removed the 7 year service bar.

In terms of the coaching website - it's: www.policeprep.com

good luck studying
Those who've applied can only hope!