Help for Calgary Police

Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:36 am
Just Joined

sarah268 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Help for Calgary Police

Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I couldn't find a related link.
I have completed my application form but am having great difficulty in finding anywahere to get a Canadian money order.
Any ideas??
I have been to my bank but they only do US and sterling money orders, I have also tried the post office and the western union exchange places but no joy.
Old Dec 15th 2006, 11:47 am
Just Joined

Boy Wonder is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help for Calgary Police

Originally Posted by sarah268
Sorry if this has been covered somewhere else but I couldn't find a related link.
I have completed my application form but am having great difficulty in finding anywahere to get a Canadian money order.
Any ideas??
I have been to my bank but they only do US and sterling money orders, I have also tried the post office and the western union exchange places but no joy.
Sarah,

I managed to get one no problem from my bank NATWEST...

Dave
Old Dec 15th 2006, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boy Wonder
Sarah,

I managed to get one no problem from my bank NATWEST...

Dave

Thanks Dave. Maybe I should have paid attention to those Natwest adverts and switch my account!!! I'm with Barclays, I went there today and was told they only do US dollars or stirling!!
Old Dec 15th 2006, 7:38 pm
Just Joined

Boy Wonder is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Dave. Maybe I should have paid attention to those Natwest adverts and switch my account!!! I'm with Barclays, I went there today and was told they only do US dollars or stirling!!

Sarah,

I would also contact the CPS recruiting they are very reasonable and may allow you to send the application form then pay when you get there to undertake further testing.

I take it you did the tests in the UK in October?

Dave
Old Dec 15th 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

geordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond reputegeordiebloke has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah

It might be worth digging a little deeper with Barclays.
I'm with them and I didn't have any problem getting a Canadian dollar
money draft back in the Spring.

Steve.
Old Dec 18th 2006, 11:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by geordiebloke
Hi Sarah

It might be worth digging a little deeper with Barclays.
I'm with them and I didn't have any problem getting a Canadian dollar
money draft back in the Spring.

Steve.

Thanks Steve. I have just spent an hour in my local Barclays but I have now ordered a bank draft through them!!
Old Dec 20th 2006, 1:03 pm
Just Joined

kimfenki is an unknown quantity at this point

Any ideas??
Hello Sarah I did my first two tests in Glasgow when the Calgary police were over, I couldn't get hold of a money order either so I phoned them and they accepted cash. You get it back if you get a job offer.