Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Old Oct 1st 2013, 7:12 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting to know your potential WAPOL colleagues...

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
I think after that long you need the help of the forum mod, or a super mod. Sue is moderator for this section, and there is also Pollyana, BEVS and Mitzyboy who are supermods. If you send one of them a pm they can edit a post for you. As there is a post from Polly in this section - if you click on her name, there's a drop down menu that includes send a private message to .....
Yes, after 2 hours you need someone with Moderators rights in that forum - I'm happy to edit out any personal info, just send me a pm and I'll fix it as soon as I can
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

ECILOP will become famous soon enough

I'm Graham, I'm 27 and single with just under 9 years service in the UK.

It's been a while since I've been on the forum but I'm in the final stages of the recruitment process having gone across to Perth in June for testing.

I'm just waiting on my medical and background checks to be completed now so I'm hoping to find out whether or not I've been successful within the next month or so.

All being well I'll be moving across on my own and starting afresh. It is a bit daunting but I know I'm not the first to have done it and I won't be the last.

The way I see it, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and if I don't grab it with both hands I'll end up regretting it for the rest of my life.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=ECILOP;10925527]I'm just waiting on my medical and background checks to be completed now so I'm hoping to find out whether or not I've been successful within the next month or so.

QUOTE]

Is that medical and background checks for WAPOL i.e is it references from current force etc... or is this for the Visa itself?
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

I need a full medical for WAPOL as part of the final stages of the recruitment process as well as a driving licence check, a bankruptcy check and a criminal records check.

Once I've got all of that and they have all of the information they need then I'll find out whether or not I'm going to be offered the job.

If so, I then need another medical as part of the visa application.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

deadlyminimee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ECILOP
I need a full medical for WAPOL as part of the final stages of the recruitment process as well as a driving licence check, a bankruptcy check and a criminal records check.

Once I've got all of that and they have all of the information they need then I'll find out whether or not I'm going to be offered the job.

If so, I then need another medical as part of the visa application.
Ok, thanks for that, i guess you can use the police and bankruptcy checks for the Visa as well so you don't have to do it again? I know the medicals for WAPOL and the visa are different.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

I'm not entirely sure about that, but I would have thought so.
Old Oct 1st 2013, 12:51 pm
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by deadlyminimee
Ok, thanks for that, i guess you can use the police and bankruptcy checks for the Visa as well so you don't have to do it again? I know the medicals for WAPOL and the visa are different.
The police check for the visa needs to be an ACPO check, and the medical will have to be done by a panel doctor approved by DIBP.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/character-requirements/

http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/heal...health-req.htm
Old Oct 1st 2013, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Irishcop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ECILOP
I'm Graham, I'm 27 and single with just under 9 years service in the UK.

It's been a while since I've been on the forum but I'm in the final stages of the recruitment process having gone across to Perth in June for testing.

I'm just waiting on my medical and background checks to be completed now so I'm hoping to find out whether or not I've been successful within the next month or so.

All being well I'll be moving across on my own and starting afresh. It is a bit daunting but I know I'm not the first to have done it and I won't be the last.

The way I see it, it's a once in a lifetime opportunity and if I don't grab it with both hands I'll end up regretting it for the rest of my life.
Good to see I'm not the only one potentially moving alone!
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

HarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant futureHarryBosch has a brilliant future

You're not alone
Old Oct 1st 2013, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by HarryBosch
You're not alone
Aw I like that answer Harry
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

VikkiShields is an unknown quantity at this point

That's what I like about this forum. Everyone so friendly. Makes the move a bit more easier and less stressful as we can talk about it here.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:19 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you up for a night feed Vikki? How is the new one getting on?

Just in from a late shift myself having a mooch about at stuff. Suppose I should go to sleep as the kids will be up at 6.30 and no doubt I'll be up with them too!!!
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:21 am
Living the dream in WA

gregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond reputegregster10217 has a reputation beyond repute

And Irish, as Harry says, you're not alone. We're all in this together and, hopefully, will be there for each other when we all get to the other side and need the support and friendship while settling in.
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:22 am
Home and Happy

Originally Posted by VikkiShields
That's what I like about this forum. Everyone so friendly. Makes the move a bit more easier and less stressful as we can talk about it here.
A lot of us who have already moved - not necessarily with the police, but for other reasons - have made lifelong friends through the forum, friends without whom the move and the unfamiliarity would have been horrendous!
I've been in Brisbane 10 years and almost all of my close friends now are people I met through BE, some I met before the move, some since.
As you say, it makes everything easier and less stressful and to be honest that's the main reason BE exists, to help us all find the whole process easier
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 10:10 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gregster10217
And Irish, as Harry says, you're not alone. We're all in this together and, hopefully, will be there for each other when we all get to the other side and need the support and friendship while settling in.
I know what u mean Gregster, our little forum family

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.