British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Police (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/)
-   -   Frontex Border Guard (https://britishexpats.com/forum/police-79/frontex-border-guard-930437/)

floral_pattern Apr 2nd 2024 4:14 pm

Re: Frontex Border Guard

No, here, unfortunately, still nothing. Anyone else?

Felx Apr 3rd 2024 7:36 am

still quiet

Baczek Apr 3rd 2024 2:28 pm

Originally Posted by standfor1994 (Post 13245009)
Hello
does anyone from basic level received news after the abstract and verbal reasoning tests?
Thanks

Received an invitation for FRONTEX interview today.

floral_pattern Apr 3rd 2024 3:26 pm

Great, I am happy for you! If I may ask, was it just an invitation or any reference to the test results?

Baczek Apr 3rd 2024 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by floral_pattern (Post 13247407)
Great, I am happy for you! If I may ask, was it just an invitation or any reference to the test results?

Just an invitation and technical information. No results, only general information that my candidacy went successfully through the prior selection stages.

Luisgoncalves Apr 5th 2024 6:50 pm

Anyone from AST4 - Intermediate level reveived a job offer?

floral_pattern Apr 8th 2024 7:00 am

Has someone else also already received an invitation for basic? Me, unfortunately, I still haven't heard anything.

Control80 Apr 8th 2024 8:59 am

Originally Posted by Baczek (Post 13243449)
The procedure is obviously very lengthy so I think we should adjust our expectations. I had my Hudson tests on Monday 29 January and still no feedback or any kind of information. April 2024 is not valid anymore, Frontex recently published recruitment notice for Interpreters and Cultural Mediators (same pool as EBCG FGIV basic level) and new starting date is July 2024.

Hello Baczek,

I applied for the "Interpreters and Cultural Mediators" and have finished the first two tests, English and eliminatory, and as far as I know, next is the Hudson tests and it would help a lot to know what categories of tests should I be expecting.
Different categories of tests are presented in their webpage:
Should I expect the test to cover all these categories? How did you prepare for the test? Also, was this test after or before the physical test?

Kind regards.

Baczek Apr 8th 2024 10:04 am

Originally Posted by Control80 (Post 13248112)
Hello Baczek,

I applied for the "Interpreters and Cultural Mediators" and have finished the first two tests, English and eliminatory, and as far as I know, next is the Hudson tests and it would help a lot to know what categories of tests should I be expecting.
Different categories of tests are presented in their webpage:
Should I expect the test to cover all these categories? How did you prepare for the test? Also, was this test after or before the physical test?

Kind regards.

I didn't applied for the Interpreters and Cultural Mediators but I can tell you that my Hudson tests (for EBCG officer, FG IV) consisted of 3 components: Abstract reasoning test (32 questions and time limit of 15 minutes), Verbal reasoning test (20 questions and time limit is also 15 minutes) and Personality questionnaire (also called BAQ test, no time limit). Check out free samples at hudsonsolutions.com they are very helpful in the preparation process. Hudson tests are usually after physical test.

Control80 Apr 8th 2024 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Baczek (Post 13248120)
I didn't applied for the Interpreters and Cultural Mediators but I can tell you that my Hudson tests (for EBCG officer, FG IV) consisted of 3 components: Abstract reasoning test (32 questions and time limit of 15 minutes), Verbal reasoning test (20 questions and time limit is also 15 minutes) and Personality questionnaire (also called BAQ test, no time limit). Check out free samples at hudsonsolutions . com they are very helpful in the preparation process. Hudson tests are usually after physical test.

Thank you, these are the details I was looking for; were the abstract questions only with the "five buttons" where you have to figure out the function of each button?
Also, a frind of mine told me that thy surprised them with two additional online tests after finishing the physical test in Warsaw! Didi you have the same experience?
Mostly appreciated.

Baczek Apr 8th 2024 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by Control80 (Post 13248131)
Thank you, these are the details I was looking for; were the abstract questions only with the "five buttons" where you have to figure out the function of each button?
Also, a frind of mine told me that thy surprised them with two additional online tests after finishing the physical test in Warsaw! Didi you have the same experience?
Mostly appreciated.

Yes, that's what this is about - you need to figure out the function of each button and the final figures.
Apart from the physical test in Warsaw there are 2 computer tests - situational judgement test and competency part. It shouldn't be a surprise because they mention about it in the invitation e-mail. Everything will be clear when you receive it.

Control80 Apr 8th 2024 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by Baczek (Post 13248181)
Yes, that's what this is about - you need to figure out the function of each button and the final figures.
Apart from the physical test in Warsaw there are 2 computer tests - situational judgement test and competency part. It shouldn't be a surprise because they mention about it in the invitation e-mail. Everything will be clear when you receive it.

Firstly, please excuse any typos. Secondly, thank you for your help in confirming the test type. I've begun reading this helpful thread from the start and am still going through it to find details about the entire process, as many of you have already experienced it. Well, best of luck to all of us!

floral_pattern Apr 10th 2024 6:00 am

Hello!
The invitations have finally arrived for both interviews, one competency-based and one with a Hudson psychologist, so I would like to ask you if anyone knows if there is something I should take care of. Thank you in advance!

Luisgoncalves Apr 10th 2024 9:08 am

Originally Posted by floral_pattern (Post 13248384)
Hello!
The invitations have finally arrived for both interviews, one competency-based and one with a Hudson psychologist, so I would like to ask you if anyone knows if there is something I should take care of. Thank you in advance!

Congrats. Good luck

floral_pattern Apr 10th 2024 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by Luisgoncalves (Post 13248400)
Congrats. Good luck

Thank you but I guess a lot of further steps are still waiting for me in this procedure. So, if anyone has some useful information, I would be very thankful.