Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Escape from Tom Windsor!!

Escape from Tom Windsor!!

Old Jun 5th 2012, 8:05 pm
Forum Regular

richie-318 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Escape from Tom Windsor!!

Ok here goes!!!

PC with 10 years team,snt the usual and now under SO**.

Better half is civviy with 8 years cad.

Seeing as no Oz force is recruiting PC's at present anyone know if there are any state sponsorship jobs anywhere police,fire ambo's.

Mrs has a degree in diggin up stuff, me nothing just a plain old PC trying to get to OZ and escape Windsor.

Cannot afford to retrain at 36, anyone with any words of wisdom?
Old Jun 7th 2012, 10:31 am
Just Joined

RSthetruth is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Escape from Tom Windsor!!

Originally Posted by richie-318
Ok here goes!!!

PC with 10 years team,snt the usual and now under SO**.

Better half is civviy with 8 years cad.

Seeing as no Oz force is recruiting PC's at present anyone know if there are any state sponsorship jobs anywhere police,fire ambo's.

Mrs has a degree in diggin up stuff, me nothing just a plain old PC trying to get to OZ and escape Windsor.

Cannot afford to retrain at 36, anyone with any words of wisdom?
St. Helena are recruiting once more. Applications in by July 20something.

I must admit, they haven't sold it to me.
"Weekends, nights and a salary of £8491 per annum".

Depends how bad you want to escape 'Windsor'!
Old Jun 7th 2012, 2:44 pm
Banned

Boy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond reputeBoy d has a reputation beyond repute

canada is good if you can get in.....

Level 1 PC earns more than a chief insp in the UK (around 80,000 plus can dollars, in some cases, closer to 90 000....most overtime at double rate)....cost of living comparable (maybe a bit higher), depending on where in Canada you are.

And it's 'Winsor'

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/comme...article535381/
Old Jun 8th 2012, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

Other half digin up stuff mine site related? if so can she get yjob andvisa here that gives you all perm res? Thats the best way for you to be able to apply for wapol right now i think
Old Jun 8th 2012, 10:03 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like a good time for any UK copper to get the hell out of the UK - now they have announced that Tom Winsor is going to head up the HMIC !!

Dread - x
Old Aug 16th 2012, 7:16 am
BE Forum Addict

daunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond reputedaunted has a reputation beyond repute

check out todays earlier post by myself
Old Aug 16th 2012, 3:48 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of

Hi,
I would say that your best bet is to see if you can get a visa ( Canada or Oz) through your wife's qualification and then apply for The Job once you have residency.
All the best.
Old Aug 17th 2012, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

boshwaggle will become famous soon enough

yeah well look at the previous posts western australia police now recruiting UK officers get into that.

Canada has put in new policy making it virtually impossible for anyone but the most highly qualified to get PR there. so even if your spouse has some quals that will now not be easy, nurses, teachers even doctors are not on the list anymore.

If I wasn't already happy in the Feds in Canada and was stuck in UK I'd be on the WA police option like a bat out of hell!!