Emigration Shows

Old Jan 4th 2008, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

source is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Emigration Shows

Are they worth attending if it is the Police you want to join or is just filling in the application form the best way forward...?

Thanks for your help.
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Emigration Shows

This site is actually your best source of info, in my opinion !

If you start to plough through the Canada section, you will see tons of questions that you thought of which are then debated, answered, ripped to shreds or go completely off topic very quickly. There are sensible answers, which direct you to numerous links and websites; there are silly, very witty answers that in no way actually answer the question posed and there are sarcastic or grumpy answers too. I think the balance between all those responses does give you a good idea of what people love and hate about Canada. You'll find out so much stuff, even within a few sessions of reading - but beware, it can be addictive

Having said all that, we went to the immigration show at Sandown. Because they are aimed at a huge number of countries, the info related to Canada may be limited to say, 20 stands, but you can pick up some good info about exchanging money, lots of pretty pictures of all the other provinces that you were not considering, and we found the financial seminar interesting. And if you are at the very beginning of your journey, the immigration info seminars may prove useful. There will be immigration consultants there trying to promote their services (which, in my humble opinion, if you are going to CPS via the PNP route, you will not need - unless you have very specific and unusual family circs). Do not sign anything. So, yes, it's an interesting morning out, if you can get to one of the bigger shows - but as I've suggested before, if you have little ones, get someone else to look after them for the day !! Enjoy
Old Jan 4th 2008, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

source is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Ann

We have got little ones and we would be trying Calgary via PNP so I am not thinking it will be the most profitable use of time
Old Jan 4th 2008, 5:06 pm
Just Joined

bishy613 is an unknown quantity at this point

Here Here Anne couldn't have said it better.

Although I hope to be doing both in the coming weeks