EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Old May 28th 2009, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

dsd1976 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Originally Posted by achowe
Thats what I feared.

Surely though they should see a degree as the highest form of education working on the idea that you cnt go to university without GCSE/A-level!
Hi Andy,

Had the same problem as you.. degree certificates but no gcse/a level certificates. my IQAS took about 4 months to come through as they refused to issue me a certificate. Exam boards do keep copies of the results, but all they send is a letter which is notification of results. IQAS refused to accept this they said they wanted the original certificates, but after many emails/phone calls they issued the certificate. I cant remember the amount of time I had to explain that If i have a degree that I would have a level/gcse certificates.
Old May 28th 2009, 8:18 pm
Just Joined

dsd1976 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Andy,

forgot to mention... have you sent your forms off? if so who's dealing with your file at IQAS... If it any help do you want the name/email of the address for the person who dealt with my file, as they have experience now!
Old May 29th 2009, 8:30 am
Just Joined

Amanda782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

Regarding the IQAS certificate, does anyone know the minimum qualifications they'll issue a certificate against?

Thanks x
Old May 29th 2009, 10:00 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Amanda,

As a rough guide, I left school at 16 and joined the RAF.

I had 1 x 'O' Level, grade C,
7 x GCSEs at Grade C and 2 x GCSEs at Grade D, that was equal to Grade 12, which is enough for Edmonton.

Nige
Old May 29th 2009, 10:04 am
Just Joined

Amanda782 is an unknown quantity at this point

Nige, you're a superstar. Thanks mate x
Old May 29th 2009, 7:39 pm
Forum Regular

StuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant futureStuArc has a brilliant future
Smile Re: EDMONTON POLICE SERVICE

Well, that's it.

Am all booked up for a flight over on July 2nd and back on the 10th!!!

Got a ride along booked wth RAE on ths forum for the 5th and can't wait.

Nige1521 - Many thanks for your advice and counsel on the phone the other day and hope i follow some on this forum who have made the great leap over the seas.
Old May 29th 2009, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Diggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to allDiggler is a name known to all

Originally Posted by StuArc
Well, that's it.

Am all booked up for a flight over on July 2nd and back on the 10th!!!

Got a ride along booked wth RAE on ths forum for the 5th and can't wait

Hes not half as miserable in person but watch he doesnt get you pissed !
Old May 30th 2009, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

CurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really niceCurtNIR is just really nice

Originally Posted by Amanda782
Hi,

Regarding the IQAS certificate, does anyone know the minimum qualifications they'll issue a certificate against?
I'd like to know this too. I seen your responce Nige1521, but for example, Im only educated to GCSE level, being 5 C's and 2 D's....What IS the equivalent to at least Grade 12 in Canada I wonder

*Edit*
Doesnt matter, just done a search and doesnt look like GCSE's are enough. Back to school lol.

Last edited by CurtNIR; May 30th 2009 at 6:48 pm.
Old May 30th 2009, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

The educational requirements aren't imposed by EPS but by either the City Of Edmonton or the Province Of Alberta (I'm not sure which). EPS recruits aren't any more intelligent than their UK counterparts, although they are significantly fitter.

Also, the medical you have to do is one imposed by the city and their insurers.

Overall, you'll probably find the whole selection procedure much more thorough and professional than ones run by UK forces (it sometimes seems like you're joining MI5 rather than just the police).
Old May 31st 2009, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

nige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant futurenige1521 has a brilliant future

Stu,

That's decided then, I'm off to be a secret agent!!!! lol

Nige
Old May 31st 2009, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Dom B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CurtNIR
I'd like to know this too. I seen your responce Nige1521, but for example, Im only educated to GCSE level, being 5 C's and 2 D's....What IS the equivalent to at least Grade 12 in Canada I wonder

*Edit*
Doesnt matter, just done a search and doesnt look like GCSE's are enough. Back to school lol.
Hey, just for your info. I submitted 8 GSCE's (6C's and 2 D's), last October. I did have more but only had certificates for these ones and it came back that they were enough! The C grades were science x 2, maths, english language, english literature, and geography. The D's were Drama & History

I did submit a work related certificate from years ago, which would appear that they didn't even grade. They used My GSCE's and they were enough. I am sure that there's loads of other posts about this earlier in this thread as i was worried as hell, but i decided in the end to submit the certificates i had and see how it went. Thankfully it was sufficient.

Hope this helps
Dom
Old Jun 1st 2009, 7:31 pm
Just Joined

Brickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant futureBrickie has a brilliant future

Hi,

I have a job offer for EPS and my PNP certificate. I am in the process of completing all the visa paperwork to send off to London. Just one question to those who are ahead of me, do I need to send off notorized copies of all the IMM paperwork rather than the originals? I know marriage/birth certs and passports need notorized copies but am unsure about all the IMM stuff.

Thanks!

ps: hate giving money to lawyers!
Old Jun 1st 2009, 10:04 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Brickie
Hi,

I have a job offer for EPS and my PNP certificate. I am in the process of completing all the visa paperwork to send off to London. Just one question to those who are ahead of me, do I need to send off notorized copies of all the IMM paperwork rather than the originals? I know marriage/birth certs and passports need notorized copies but am unsure about all the IMM stuff.

Thanks!

ps: hate giving money to lawyers!
How long ago did you go for testing?
Old Jun 2nd 2009, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

stewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant futurestewie_griffin has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Brickie
Hi,

Just one question to those who are ahead of me, do I need to send off notorized copies of all the IMM paperwork rather than the originals? I know marriage/birth certs and passports need notorized copies but am unsure about all the IMM stuff.

I got another police officer from the same shift as me to sign all my stuff
Old Jun 5th 2009, 7:03 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by stewie_griffin
I got another police officer from the same shift as me to sign all my stuff
Few questions - anyone know the pass marks for the ACT and APCAT?

Also, how many examples did you do for the BDI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.