CPS 2008 Courses

Old Dec 17th 2007, 3:05 pm
Just Joined

h_mank351 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CPS 2008 Courses

Hi all,

Thought it would be a good idea to list whos on what course next year.

I'm on the March 10th course.

Anyone else out there got a start date.

Mark
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:06 pm
Painting r own Rainbow

WelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to allWelshDragonsWales is a name known to all
Default Re: CPS 2008 Courses

Originally Posted by h_mank351
Hi all,

Thought it would be a good idea to list whos on what course next year.

I'm on the March 10th course.

Anyone else out there got a start date.

Mark
Hi Mark

We have not got that far yet - but keeping everythink crossed that after our visit for testing in Jan we will have some good news - will keep you posted and hopefully we can soon let you know our ( Gerry ) start date.

Its a good idea - and congratulations once again.

Mrs WDW
Old Dec 17th 2007, 9:31 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

March 10th for me too!!
Fly over on Feb 12th.....Can't wait.

Jay
Old Dec 19th 2007, 2:57 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

seems CPS recruitment has continued, but EPS has faltered, stuttered or come to a complete end. out of curiosity, did anyone consider edmonton? if not why not? and if you did then changed to CPS, what influenced you?
Old Jan 13th 2008, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

SarahK is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark & Jay,
I too am on the March 10th course. I've been living in Calgary for nearly 3 years, (whilst on a career break from a UK Force), and have recently decided to go for the CPS. Are you guys doing the orientation day on March 6th? See you on the 10th!!
Sarah
Old Jan 13th 2008, 11:48 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

Sarah,

I will PM you soon, but for now, thought I would say hi. Will be good to meet up before we all start the course. Mark arrives towards the end of Jan (23rd I think) and I arrive Feb 12th, so there will be plenty of time for all UK people on any course to meet up somewhere.
I have not been given any details for an orientation day, but I was going to ring my file manager soon to chat things through with him.
I need to arrange my medical and another PARE.

Chat soon,
Jay
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:20 am
Just Joined

h_mank351 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sarah,

We arrive on the 23rd and are buying in Cochrane. Where are you living?

There's a few of us out there soon and would be nice if we could all meet up for a chat and something to eat.

Ok talk soon.

Mark
Old Jan 15th 2008, 9:46 am
Forum Regular

paddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,

Just wondering if you got the email about the experianced UK officers course starting in May for 6/8 weeks. Just wondering if most of you will go for that instead of the 26 weeks course.

Rob
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:41 pm
Just Joined

Rob,
Yes, I got the same e-mail and would definitely favour doing the shorter course opion. My concern is that they may only hold a shorter course if there is enough interest, so am hoping others will feel the same and prefer not to do the 26 weeks.
Sarah
Old Jan 15th 2008, 3:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by h_mank351
Hi Sarah,

We arrive on the 23rd and are buying in Cochrane. Where are you living?

There's a few of us out there soon and would be nice if we could all meet up for a chat and something to eat.

Ok talk soon.

Mark
Hi Mark,
I sent you a PM
Sarah
Old Jan 15th 2008, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

paddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond reputepaddyonway has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Sarah,

Yes hopefully the thought of spending 6-8 weeks in the training centre instead of 26 weeks will appeal to most. I for one along with another guy in my station are pencilled in for the April class and will most certainly be looking at the shorter course instead. Hopefully see you there at some stage.

Rob
Old Jan 15th 2008, 10:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

It's only 23 weeks, not 26 by the way (like that makes a huge difference! )

But if you can hang on another month or so, and don't immediately need the income, go for the short course

If it did start in May, you'd still be finished before the March course graduates !!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 5:57 pm
Just Joined

jonnybravo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Anne

My names Jonathan. We literally got back from a skiing trip in Banff this morning. Whilst we were there we met up with Stuart from the CPS recruitment office. I spent several hours with him and his colleague Andrew in starbucks. They gave me loads of information about the CPS. I have printed off the application form and other bits and just wondered if you would ever be prepared to offer me some help and advice with the application process and other bits??

Im going to start filling the form out asap, just to finish off we are moving into our first flat tomorrow lol!! (Don't do things by halves you know )

Anyway i wont be able to get on to the web until next week as ive got to wait for the internet to be switched on in our new place but my email address is: [email protected].

My mobile is: 07912 563568 and my landline will be: 01462 894980 as from Saturday.

Really hope to speak soon,

Regards

Jonathan
PS hope i got the right thread? im not very efficient at this forum thing lol
Originally Posted by ann m
It's only 23 weeks, not 26 by the way (like that makes a huge difference! )

But if you can hang on another month or so, and don't immediately need the income, go for the short course

If it did start in May, you'd still be finished before the March course graduates !!
Old Jan 17th 2008, 10:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Hi johnnybravo !

Welcome to BE

First thing I would suggest - if you still have the option to edit your entry above, is to remove you personal contact details from the thread. Apparently, there are loads of wierdos in this great internet world. Not that I am one you understand , nor many of my esteemed fellow BE'ers (I don't think), but you just never know !!!

If you don't seem to have that option, you can ask a moderator to amend the entry for you (or I can). (And in case you did not know, once you have made three entries on BE, you can then start sending and receiving Private Messages (PM's) .

I, and many others, would be more than willing - and possibly able - to assist answering any questions you many have about the application and the actual tests. But may I first direct you to a comfy chair, with a beer in hand, and plough through the main really long Calgary Police thread first. There is tons of good info in there from lots of people.

Also have a wander through the main Canada pages

Glad you had a great holiday - we were at Sunshine on Sunday - fabulous.

regards
Old Jan 21st 2008, 3:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rae
seems CPS recruitment has continued, but EPS has faltered, stuttered or come to a complete end. out of curiosity, did anyone consider edmonton? if not why not? and if you did then changed to CPS, what influenced you?
Cheeky monkey..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.