Canada Police

Old Feb 7th 2006, 8:24 pm
Just Joined

Jayzee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada Police

Originally Posted by Ratty
Guys,
Only trouble with the PnP process is that it doesn't appear to be as quick as we had hoped.

A mate of mine has been over in December and completed his interviews and assessments. He is being quoted a Feb 07 start date.

I'm pretty sure it isn't the EPS' fault rather than the Immigration people. When you see peeps going out to Oz and NZ in a max of 6 months it does appear a bit lengthy.
Not that unreasonable as they tend to recruit to their intakes - maybe their other one (Aug 2006) is already full!

I had my formal offer in November, PNP approved in Jan and my Visa is now with London. From applying in August 2005 I am scheduled an August 2006 start - 12 months start to finish is not bad!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 11:15 am
Just Joined

Ratty is an unknown quantity at this point

EPS are saying that they may try and run a special course if they get enough UK applicants. Almost an experienced officer type course.

I think I'd prefer to go through it with a local course though. Start to pick up on the local way of thinking.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 4:07 pm
Forum Regular

ralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant futureralstne has a brilliant future

Ratty, I was in Canada going through the whole procedure with Jon and hopefully we will be starting together in August, I feel the same, I think it would be good doing a course with the Canadians as you would probably get into the spirit a little more. However the procedures and law are all so similar and I feel that doing the whole course may be repeating things that where completed in Training school all over again.
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:23 pm
Just Joined

Jayzee is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ralstne
Ratty, I was in Canada going through the whole procedure with Jon and hopefully we will be starting together in August, I feel the same, I think it would be good doing a course with the Canadians as you would probably get into the spirit a little more. However the procedures and law are all so similar and I feel that doing the whole course may be repeating things that where completed in Training school all over again.
Yeah, but Monday to Friday with weekends off will be Grrrrrrrreeaaaatttt! Can't remember how long that has been!
Old Feb 8th 2006, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Ratty is an unknown quantity at this point

Dave B suggested that he did'nt find it overly taxing, however the thought of all those 5 mile runs is not something I'd look forward to !!!!
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:29 pm
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

whats the VO2 max fitness then???
Im in the process of applying to EPS
Gwent traffic at the mo.
Old Mar 4th 2006, 1:40 pm
Forum Regular

bobhope is on a distinguished road

VO2 max. Well you get weighed the 'Doc' then puts your age weight etc in to the computer. You sit on a stationary bike, you put a mask on with a 'peg' (bit more hi tech but peg fits!) on your nose. That meakes you breath through your mouth. Your mask has a pipe which joinns to equipment which measures how much oxygen you use, co2 you exhale. As you pedal it gets harder and harder as brakes are applied to the wheel. You basically keep going until you cant! The computer then works out how fit you are! (or arnt!) You have to get something like over 35. My advice......kill yourself just peddal and keep peddaling, its only for about 15 mins, make sure the last bit you really go for it!
Hope it helps. Its a killer!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 1:09 am
Just Joined

Count Olaf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Diane Jones
How are you getting on with your application to Edmonton Police. I am thinking of applying myself and would be grateful of any info re the process etc. I am currently a DC in the UK. Any help or info would be gratefully received. Diane.
Diane,
Try Calgary Police, the doors are open to British officers and its a great place to live and work.