Canada advice

Old Dec 22nd 2018, 3:10 am
Just Joined

LouLou916 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Canada advice

I can only comment on the process for a Regional Police Service in Ontario. You need to be a resident, you need to get an ATS certificate to apply to most police services, With our service, you pay to put yourself through police college, however they will take it out of your salary. Peel Police used to give British police credit for service for holidays but not pay. Our police service, like many others are hurting for decent recruits. We only got fifty percent of placements filled on the last intake, so may be a great time to apply. No regrets making the move, although I personally think winter sucks....lol.
Old Jan 3rd 2019, 12:23 pm
Forum Regular

AdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond reputeAdamfromWales has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Canada advice

Originally Posted by LouLou916
I can only comment on the process for a Regional Police Service in Ontario. You need to be a resident, you need to get an ATS certificate to apply to most police services, With our service, you pay to put yourself through police college, however they will take it out of your salary. Peel Police used to give British police credit for service for holidays but not pay. Our police service, like many others are hurting for decent recruits. We only got fifty percent of placements filled on the last intake, so may be a great time to apply. No regrets making the move, although I personally think winter sucks....lol.
Thank you for your advice on this.

For my own personal situation, we are zoning into the Calgary area now - mainly due to job opportunities for my wife.

Policing - there's certainly no job quite like it and we put so much personal dedication, emotion, blood, sweat and tears into the job it is hard to throw all of that away. Hopefully, I can put my people skills along with my policing experience to good use in some kind of law enforcement / community policing role eventually.... even if it takes completion of courses / exams to make possible months / years down the line.