Calgary Police

Old Apr 27th 2007, 4:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calgary Police

Interesting viewpoint

I am not yet aware of anyone who has not been met with courtesy, help and interest from the file managers - albeit the processing is a little slower these last couple of months ...
Old Apr 27th 2007, 8:29 pm
Okotoks AB

Ray7663 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by martintaylor1547
well done Mark on getting through.

I sent my application to calgary at the end of feb how long did it take for them to process have had an e-mail confirming they recieved the pack but no more

i'm a pc in bristol with 18 yrs service and any info would be great

cheers

martin

Martin,

I'm a PC in Edinburgh with 11year here. I done my tests in Glasgow in October 06 and got the results the end of Nov. Notified that they had recievied my application Second week of Dec. Have only just got a phone call 30th March asking when I can come over. As you can see it can take a while. Also took a while to get L&B to give me time off. Going out 31st May to do Interview and PARE.

Ray.
Old May 3rd 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

teekawhelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
I am hoping somebody may be able to give me some good advice. I am coming over to Calgary in next 4 weeks for psych and polygraph testing for Calgary Police. I have 14 yrs experience as Police Officer in England, my wife daughter and I are already permanent residents of Canada, and when we come over in next few weeks we could do with speaking to someone who can offer some good advice regards places to live, and excellent schools in Calgary etc. My daughter is 15 and would be going into the end of Grade 10, so you will appreciate that this is a critical time for her in her education and we want to make sure we get her into a good school.
Any advice would be gratefully received.
Many thanks
Carl
Old May 3rd 2007, 12:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

Carl - Hi

Have a look at the Wiki on this site on Calgary - there are some good entries on the schooling system and the schools in general. Bear in mind, this relates mainly to within the city limits.

Okotoks does have a reputation of having some very good schools - not sure which grades but worth a look. Perhaps also contact wallace on this site who lives down that way, has hubby in the job, and will help you ref real estate.

Otherwise, I am happy to recommend the guy I used for purchasing a home recently.

Good luck with all the assessments !
Old May 3rd 2007, 8:15 pm
Just Joined

cosie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
New to site. Been really good to read how other's in the same position as us are getting on. We are coming out to Calgary at the end of May for Hubby to do his testing and to do some research into neighbourhoods, schools etc. Looking forward to it but at the same time bit nervous, more nervous than hubby I think. Anyway have all fingers crossed! Anyone else going ou around this time?
Old May 3rd 2007, 11:15 pm
and Twitchy

Nickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura aboutNickola has a spectacular aura about

Hi Teekawhehlan and cosie

Contact Wallace she will sort you out. If its Calgary or the surrounding areas especially Okotoks theres not much she cant help you with. She has been through the experience first hand. You wont go wrong with Wallace.
Old May 5th 2007, 7:47 am
Just Joined

teekawhelan is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ann and Nickola,

Many thank for your advice, at last I have got somewhere to start.
Thanks
Carl
Old May 7th 2007, 12:52 am
Just Joined

h_mank351 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

I'm going out for a research trip re houses etc 10th to 21st June. Anyone out there same time for a meet up and beer.

Mark
Old May 7th 2007, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

KMFPod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi h mank

Well done on the fab news from your file manager Quick question for you. Can you rmember how long it was from the completed beckground checks to the selection panel and then how long before your file manager called?
My background checks have just been completed and my fingernails can take little more punishment
How you getting on with the PNP forms? Does CPS send the ABPNP002 by snailmail or electronically?
Well done again and with luck we'll meet up for a scoop in Calgary some time.
Keith.
Old May 7th 2007, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

h_mank351 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi ya

I was very lucky, my background checks were done in just over a week and were just in time for the selection panel on the 24th April. I recieved a phone call from my file manager the following day with the good news and an email regarding the pnp paperwork almost straight away. I'm in the process of filling all the paperwork out ready when the job offer arrives in the post.
I'm not too sure when the next selection panel is maybe someone on here with more info can assist.
All the best to you and everyone else waiting. If i can assist in any way give me a shout.

Mark
Old May 7th 2007, 7:42 pm
Forum Regular

KMFPod is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mark

Nice one! That helps me get a lot of stuff clearer in my mind.

Here goes... some more questions for everyone else, but especially 'ann m'.

Ann, how was the last day at work then?

I guess by now you have been on the epic shopping trip and have a new house to be proud of. Where did you buy in the end? Okatoks or Cochrane??

For the rest of the forum: Does anyone have any comments positive or otherwise about the immigration Doctors on the list from CIC? We are likely to use one of the two guy's based in Birmingham but would welcome any views you had about their principles or 'bedside manner'

Cheers for now.

Keith & Amanda
Old May 8th 2007, 2:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by KMFPod
Hi Mark

Here goes... some more questions for everyone else, but especially 'ann m'.

Ann, how was the last day at work then?

I guess by now you have been on the epic shopping trip and have a new house to be proud of. Where did you buy in the end? Okatoks or Cochrane??

Keith & Amanda
Hi - last day at work was fine thank you - good, weird - have done 16 years! It was a short shift so did not actually do any work !! Lots of admin, handing radio back in, clearing out locker which was hilarious as there were some 'antique' documents and print-outs in there !! (suffice to say that it hadn't been cleared out for some time).

Received lovely card from department containing $$$'s - nice touch (damn, more shopping. )

I'm freeeeeee

And yes, successful house-hunting - purchased a little something up in Cochrane - very happy - very stressful week trying to make the decisions alone - but it's really good to know where we will be going when we get there ... kids booked into school already.

Ref background checks, etc - hubby's took place over about 10 days I think, file then completed and put forward to Selection Committee about another two weeks later. Received phone call that same night.

Got anything left to manicure????

Fingers crossed for you now - cheers

Ps - not specifically helpful to you - but I'd suggest the doctors are probably all quite different - just like they are normally ! The one we used was fine, lovely and good laugh - casual and chatty and not scary at all. If your situation is relatively simple, there should be no need to worry unduly. If there are, or were, some previous complications in your medical history, bring some back up material with you that clarifies anything if necessary. Keep it simple !!
Old May 8th 2007, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

sheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tentative steps towards an application for CPS

cracking forum by the way !

My wife and I are both serving officers in the UK with 17 and 15 years respectively.
We are going out on a research trip on the 8th June 07 and have a meeting with recruitment on the 14th June.If all goes well we will submit our forms on our return.
Any tips on the process and how long is it on average taking from initial submission, we have submitted a skilled worker application just in case.

Thankyou in anticipation,

Daz
Old May 8th 2007, 10:02 pm
Forum Regular

smithjm will become famous soon enough

Daz,

I can only comment on my application so far. As you will see from previous posts, the timeline for people can vary by some degree.
After a trip to Calgary for ride-alongs in Jul 06, I sat the tests for CPS in London in October. I completed the remainder of the process (interview, poly, psych and PARE) in Jan/Feb this year. Background checks were done March/April and I am currently still waiting for the selection panel.
I know there are other people who have gone through the process a bit quicker, its the luck of the draw.
If you are interested in applying, it may be worth both of you putting in application forms before you go. You may then be able to complete the process while you are out in Calgary to save you another trip later in the year. I dont know what the current timescale is from submitting the application to testing though.
If you dont submit your applications, most people have found it beneficial to arrange to go out for a shift with CPS. The recruiting office can arrange it for you.
If you need anything else, people on here will be able to help, just shout.

Jay
Old May 9th 2007, 6:26 am
Forum Regular

sheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud ofsheffspurs has much to be proud of

Jay,

Thanks for the advice it is much appreciated.

Daz

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.