calgary letters

Old Apr 15th 2008, 7:46 pm
Just Joined

laurauk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default calgary letters

good evening to every one,
my hubby has 20 years in good old hampshire as a serving officer, we spend every xmas and new years in calgary, and have just applied to the calgary police,
just had last week an email saying they had recieved the application form, so i just rang them tonight to find out whats next? how long and how do we find out? whats happening next?
we have just been told a letter has been sent in the post, so is this a good sign? or should we be prepared for the worst?
all honest opinions welcome, and even if its just what you think? that will do too,
many thanks laura
Old Apr 15th 2008, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

Ashleyg is on a distinguished road
Default Re: calgary letters

Originally Posted by laurauk
my hubby has 20 years in good old hampshire as a serving officer, we spend every xmas and new years in calgary, and have just applied to the calgary police,
just had last week an email saying they had recieved the application form, so i just rang them tonight to find out whats next? how long and how do we find out? whats happening next?
we have just been told a letter has been sent in the post, so is this a good sign? or should we be prepared for the worst?
all honest opinions welcome, and even if its just what you think? that will do too,
many thanks laura
As far as i know - all CPS international recruiting was suspended from 01/04/08
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:43 am
Just Joined

oh dear, thank you for letting us know, i guess thats what the letter will say? many thanks laura
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:26 pm
Forum Regular

Develterc is an unknown quantity at this point

many thanks laura
Hi Laura

My husband has just applied as well, so just sitting waiting. We received the email saying that they had received his application and after looking at the application he would receive a file manager, something along them lines. I dont know if yours would have said the same, standard email. We were told that if your application was post marked before the 1st April, you would be considered, if after 1st April they would hold you on file for a year. Ours got there just before, I hope yours did too.

I have not sent out a thread saying hello to everyone in case it all goes downhill before we even start. It is just a waiting game

Julie
xx

Julie
Old Apr 16th 2008, 12:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

many thanks laura
I left Hants last year and now work for EPS.. I know that they have stopped actively recruiting from the UK but still accept your paperwork and I guess it just slots in as they need more officers..
EPS has just received funding for 1500 more officers, you could go there, get trained and the transfer to CPS when they need more...just an idea..
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:35 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys and hello to you julie, we recieved the same standard email julie too, as i know hubbys application was recieved before the first,
im just curious as to what the letter will say? i am just excited, hoping its good news? will let you all know when i hear back, which should be soon,
good luck to your hubby julie,
love laura
Old Apr 16th 2008, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

dear pompey boy, thats what we were thinking too, so are going to put in an application form for eps too, do you enjoy it there? im happy where ever we go, i used to live in wisconsin, so the cold weather wouldnt be a problem, and i love the snow too, i welcome your good advice and many thanks love laura
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Develterc is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: calgary letters

thanks guys and hello to you julie, we recieved the same standard email julie too, as i know hubbys application was recieved before the first,
im just curious as to what the letter will say? i am just excited, hoping its good news? will let you all know when i hear back, which should be soon,
love laura
Thanks Laura, hope it is good news for you, please let us know what it said as I am so excited aswell, trying to not think about it until we hear, now wondering if we will receive letter, been checking emails every day.

Julie
xx
Old Apr 16th 2008, 8:35 pm
Just Joined

oh yes julie,. i will let you know as soon as i know, but i have a feeling they will say they are full right now? but hey ho, we cant give up,
i can hear canada calling me lol
do keep in touch too lots of love laura x
Old Apr 17th 2008, 12:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

dear pompey boy, thats what we were thinking too, so are going to put in an application form for eps too, do you enjoy it there? im happy where ever we go, i used to live in wisconsin, so the cold weather wouldnt be a problem, and i love the snow too, i welcome your good advice and many thanks love laura
Lived in Milwaukee myself for a while in the mid 80's..its colder up here but dryer so -30 degrees doesnt get in to you like zero degrees does in the UK..
The training is longer here for UK officers as EPS doesnt have the same course as CPS..We still have to do 21 weeks up here..its top training mind once you get past the BS and being treated like a newby..and as I said before you can always transfer to CPS later if you like as its Alberta, all the same quals..
A bit further to the mountains from here though..
Old Apr 17th 2008, 3:30 am
BE Enthusiast

dawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nicedawnzocalgary is just really nice

love laura
If youve received an email saying he is getting a file manager then i would think thats good news? Tht means the next stage has been progressed, why give you a file manager if they arent going to take the application further???..just my thoughts, i have no idea though

Good Luck and keep posting
Old Apr 17th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

thats what i thought too dawn? but we shall see, i will keep every one posted and see what happens, thank you as well for all your nice words and kind advice, its so good to be able to chat to other who have or are going through the same as we are.
lots of love laura
Old Apr 17th 2008, 9:01 am
Just Joined

dear pompey boy, so which do you prefer wisconsin or canada? i think for me it hs to be canada. i find the people are so nice and helpful and the country seems so clean too, i dont like the damp weather here in southampton, and it might sound crazy, but in canada, we all felt healthier and no aching bones? we have also sent an application form off too e police too, so many thanks for letting us know about that one,
we might see you there one day? you never know, love laurauk
Old Apr 17th 2008, 11:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

dear pompey boy, so which do you prefer wisconsin or canada? i think for me it hs to be canada. i find the people are so nice and helpful and the country seems so clean too, i dont like the damp weather here in southampton, and it might sound crazy, but in canada, we all felt healthier and no aching bones? we have also sent an application form off too e police too, so many thanks for letting us know about that one,
we might see you there one day? you never know, love laurauk
Let me know how you get on..the EPS recruitment dept. is very helpful, and thorough..I have room for visitors if you need to come and take a look..

I prefer Canada but it is a different set of circumstances..I played/coached football(soccer) in Milwaukee so I had a great time there too..I certainly am healthier here apart from feeling older..and aches and pains from training lasting longer..

And kindly refrain from using the S word in future correspondence...lol
Old Apr 18th 2008, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

wayne-Niki is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
Let me know how you get on..the EPS recruitment dept. is very helpful, and thorough..I have room for visitors if you need to come and take a look..

I prefer Canada but it is a different set of circumstances..I played/coached football(soccer) in Milwaukee so I had a great time there too..I certainly am healthier here apart from feeling older..and aches and pains from training lasting longer..

And kindly refrain from using the S word in future correspondence...lol
Anyone agree Southampton is far better then Portsmouth

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.