Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

British Bobby Invasion Article

British Bobby Invasion Article

Old Apr 6th 2008, 6:48 pm

minihaha is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Bobby Invasion Article

http://start.shaw.ca/start/enCA/News...c=n040635A.xml

Interesting how they still need so many more officer's but have still capped the British rectruitment.

very very interesting.

mrs minihaha
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of
Default Re: British Bobby Invasion Article

Originally Posted by minihaha

Interesting how they still need so many more officer's but have still capped the British rectruitment.

very very interesting.

mrs minihaha
In my opinion EPS will eventually have to go the way of CPS, they may not want to lower the fitness satndards but they will lose out on quality and experience..
Surely if they lowered the standards slightly and then vamped up the fitness during training they could achieve the standard of fitness they are after in the first place..
Logic or common sense doesnt seem to apply in the North of the Province..
Old Apr 6th 2008, 11:56 pm

Logic and common sense both dont seem apt when refering to the EPS. The opinion they have of the standard of the British Bobbies physical fitness stinks. I dont believe they have a clue about the standard of officer they get when hiring a Uk cop.

The British cops work there arses off every day often going without any breaks at all, here they cant fart without having a Timmies or 2nd Cup before and after the event.

They seem to think they can hire high calibre recruits from there own cities, well they havent been able to do so for years so god knows who thought of that bright idea.

Me thinks they may end up losing some Uk recruits to the RCMP once they have citizenship, I know my hubbies seriously looking into it.

mrs minihaha
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:53 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pompeyboy
In my opinion EPS will eventually have to go the way of CPS, they may not want to lower the fitness satndards but they will lose out on quality and experience..
Surely if they lowered the standards slightly and then vamped up the fitness during training they could achieve the standard of fitness they are after in the first place..
Logic or common sense doesnt seem to apply in the North of the Province..
more fitness during training, have you completely lost your mind. just learned our first week back is your last week, i expect to be refered to as constable or sir.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 1:58 am
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by minihaha

very very interesting.

mrs minihaha
i constantly joke about the brits taking over, it does not go down well, which of course is why i do it, they are quite insecure you know. also solely british conversations such as this with my colleague drive them mad.

yesterday following arrest on another shift i volunteered to help with.
me: " i say neil old chap, bring your good fellow to the custody suite and i shall tend to him"
reply: "i say, thats jolly decent of you, rather spiffing actually, one will be arriving shortly, tally ho"
me " oh super, tiff tiff"

as i finished on the radio, i left the parade room and walked into a group of my canadian colleagues, some were laughing others not so much, and there was a distinct " who the f*&k does he think he is". i am only a recruit you see and therefore not allowed to draw breath if it makes a noise.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 12:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud ofPompeyboy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by rae
more fitness during training, have you completely lost your mind. just learned our first week back is your last week, i expect to be refered to as constable or sir.
or how about Minge?
Old Apr 8th 2008, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by rae
i constantly joke about the brits taking over, it does not go down well, which of course is why i do it, they are quite insecure you know. also solely british conversations such as this with my colleague drive them mad.

yesterday following arrest on another shift i volunteered to help with.
me: " i say neil old chap, bring your good fellow to the custody suite and i shall tend to him"
reply: "i say, thats jolly decent of you, rather spiffing actually, one will be arriving shortly, tally ho"
me " oh super, tiff tiff"

as i finished on the radio, i left the parade room and walked into a group of my canadian colleagues, some were laughing others not so much, and there was a distinct " who the f*&k does he think he is". i am only a recruit you see and therefore not allowed to draw breath if it makes a noise.