Bermuda Police need AFOs

Old Feb 17th 2010, 7:22 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Bermuda Police need AFOs

It's not applicable to me, however in this weeks Police Review, Bermuda Police are advertising for qualified AFOs if anyone out there is interested.
(Don't know anymore details am afraid)
Old Feb 19th 2010, 3:30 pm
Almost there...

Pincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud ofPincher has much to be proud of
Default Re: Bermuda Police need AFOs

Found the ad. If anyone finds it illegible, let me know and I will forward it.
If aanyone is successful off the back of this, do I get a holiday..?
Attached Thumbnails Bermuda Police need AFOs-bermuda-afo-ad.bmp  
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 8:27 pm
rae
Settled.

rae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond reputerae has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pincher
Found the ad. If anyone finds it illegible, let me know and I will forward it.
If aanyone is successful off the back of this, do I get a holiday..?
thats jolly nice of you, its getting a bit cold here, i may try bermuda next. notice there is no mention of the 3yr contract?
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:31 pm
Almost there...

Best of luck. I'll start packing the shorts and sun lotion then...
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

Bob-le-ponge is an unknown quantity at this point

Any serving Brit bermuda police officers out there? I am awaiting an interview regarding the current AFO intake and could do with some balanced opinion on accommodation, schools, cost of living etc.

Any views on how far the salary will cover a family of four? How easy is it for spouses to find work (nurse)?

There seem to be some quite negative comments about the service and I would be keen to see how serving officers feel.

Bit unsure whether it is a good idea!
Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:22 pm
Just Joined

Goody407 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, did anyone applying for the Bermuda AFO role get any news after having their interviews which were held in London last week? I had my interview but have not heard anything so i am thinking i didnt get through.

Old Apr 8th 2010, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bob-le-ponge
Any serving Brit bermuda police officers out there? I am awaiting an interview regarding the current AFO intake and could do with some balanced opinion on accommodation, schools, cost of living etc.

Any views on how far the salary will cover a family of four? How easy is it for spouses to find work (nurse)?

There seem to be some quite negative comments about the service and I would be keen to see how serving officers feel.

Bit unsure whether it is a good idea!
Did you have your interview? if so have you heard anything yet as to whether you have got the job etc?
Old Apr 10th 2010, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

mjwheatley355 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Goody407
Did you have your interview? if so have you heard anything yet as to whether you have got the job etc?
I had my interview last week and haven't heard anything yet. I thought we may hear by yesterday.

Let me know how you get on when you find out. I think they said they would let us know either way.
Old Apr 11th 2010, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mjwheatley355
I had my interview last week and haven't heard anything yet. I thought we may hear by yesterday.

Let me know how you get on when you find out. I think they said they would let us know either way.
I hope they let us know either way, I was going to e-mail Fiona but I guess I'll wait and see what happens, I'm not 100% about it as I'm only an AFO and not ARV which is what they are after but at least they made that clear at interview and if needed they would put an ARV course on for those that needed it!
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Bermuda Police need AFOs

I hope they let us know either way, I was going to e-mail Fiona but I guess I'll wait and see what happens, I'm not 100% about it as I'm only an AFO and not ARV which is what they are after but at least they made that clear at interview and if needed they would put an ARV course on for those that needed it!
Still not heard? I haven't
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 5:47 pm
Just Joined

Still not heard? I haven't
Had a phone call from Fiona Miller, recruitment officer informing me that I was successful in my interview for the AFO role, my paperwork is currently with the Assistant Commissioners office and I should expect paperwork in the post very soon.

I am aware that someone was informed last week, so maybe the process is a bit slow! Fingers crossed
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:06 pm
Just Joined

Had a phone call from Fiona Miller, recruitment officer informing me that I was successful in my interview for the AFO role, my paperwork is currently with the Assistant Commissioners office and I should expect paperwork in the post very soon.

I am aware that someone was informed last week, so maybe the process is a bit slow! Fingers crossed
Nice one, well done. When did you get the call?
Old Apr 22nd 2010, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

Nice one, well done. When did you get the call?
Thanks,

Got the call yesterday (21st) about 5pm. As I mentioned earlier someone posted on another thread that they had been successful also and that was about a week ago, so keep your fingers crossed!
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

atr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really niceatr86 is just really nice

Hi guys,

Glad to hear that other people have been sucsessful with the AFO interviews. I also found out last week. Like yourselfs I have only heared June time for transfer. I was told that we would be informed with enough time to give a full notice to our current forces, i.e 1 month.
Is anyone taking any family or partners over and know anything about getting them over.

Cheers
DC
Old Apr 23rd 2010, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by atr86
Hi guys,

Glad to hear that other people have been sucsessful with the AFO interviews. I also found out last week. Like yourselfs I have only heared June time for transfer. I was told that we would be informed with enough time to give a full notice to our current forces, i.e 1 month.
Is anyone taking any family or partners over and know anything about getting them over.

Cheers
DC
I would like to take my family out there, I asked this question during interview and was told that we could, but BPS would not assist in this and that our family would be subject to the same immigration rules as anyone else seeking employment/residency. However having found out that I may have to retire from my current force the MPS and that there was no guarantee that I could rejoin I am reconsidering the offer, which is a shame as it would be a great opportunity. I'll speak with my boss next week and see what he suggests!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.