Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Australian police civilian posts

Australian police civilian posts

Old Jul 26th 2013, 12:07 am
Just Joined

Arsenalscot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Australian police civilian posts

Hi, I'm currently a police officer in Scotland with 7 years experience. My wife has an amazing job opportunity in Melbourne, Australia that would see her working there for 3 years.

I'm keen to let her do this, however am concerned at what I would do. I love the job, and want to stay involved (a standard office job was what I did before joining the police and have no desire to go back to this). I would be taking a career break.

I realise there is no way I would be able to join the police in Melbourne on a temporary spouse visa, although this would allow me to work. I'd be interested in taking up a position in something similar, say prisons/ civil service as support staff to the police. From general employment forums I've looked at, my fear is that these roles might not be open to someone on a temporary visa, although with my previous experience I am hopeful this might not be the case. Does anyone have any knowledge/ experience of this they can pass on to me?

Thanks in advance.