Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Police
Reload this Page >

Advice: WAPOL application

Advice: WAPOL application

Old Sep 2nd 2006, 7:07 am
Forum Regular

bokkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Advice: WAPOL application

good morning,

can some one offer me some advice please:

Earlier this year i (along with 8 other people) did some drug warrants at a home address, the occupant of the property was there at the time. About three hours after we left he made a complaint against us, the crux of the complaint was that we had damaged his front door (yes i will accept that) but then he further complained that as a result of us being there £7000.00 of jewelery was missing, either as a result of us leaving the property insecure or that we took it, (he and his family were still there when we left, that scraps the first allegation out, so basically he was alleging that we stole the property ~as if~ ) anyway long story short, as a result of this allegation our professional standards department started investigations. 5 months later the "aggrieved" withdrew the complaint and the matter is now finalised.
my question is:
on the application form for WAPOL when it asks if you have ever been involved in an incident or inquiry through any police service etc, in which you have been, or might be, the person under investigations:

does the above incident count, do i need to put this on my application form??? i dont want to be dishonest but i am not sure if it is what they are referring to.

ADVISE PLEASE
Old Sep 2nd 2006, 3:00 pm
Chillin out in WA

brisbec will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Advice: WAPOL application

Originally Posted by bokkie
good morning,

can some one offer me some advice please:

Earlier this year i (along with 8 other people) did some drug warrants at a home address, the occupant of the property was there at the time. About three hours after we left he made a complaint against us, the crux of the complaint was that we had damaged his front door (yes i will accept that) but then he further complained that as a result of us being there £7000.00 of jewelery was missing, either as a result of us leaving the property insecure or that we took it, (he and his family were still there when we left, that scraps the first allegation out, so basically he was alleging that we stole the property ~as if~ ) anyway long story short, as a result of this allegation our professional standards department started investigations. 5 months later the "aggrieved" withdrew the complaint and the matter is now finalised.
my question is:
on the application form for WAPOL when it asks if you have ever been involved in an incident or inquiry through any police service etc, in which you have been, or might be, the person under investigations:

does the above incident count, do i need to put this on my application form??? i dont want to be dishonest but i am not sure if it is what they are referring to.

ADVISE PLEASE

Ask your Professional Standards Department for a printout of your complaint history. If your C&PSD is similar to the one I work in, they will print one out for you. It will detail any complaints and whether or not they were Locally resolved, unsubstantiated etc.

But the bottom line is yes, you should declare them. The probability is that if you were a named officer on the complaint, it will show as being withdrawn.

Good luck