Advice re:SAPOL

Old Feb 1st 2010, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

mm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nice
Default Advice re:SAPOL

Hi all,
I'm new to this site and just looking for some advice from those who have transferred or are due to transfer to SAPOL.
I was unable to apply during the last round due to unforseen circumstances and now I'm eagerly hoping the recruitment procedure will re-open!
Just wondering if anyone could give any advice as to how to best prepare for the tests but also, I was wondering if anyone new what the 'pass rate' was.
The 70 place this year didn't sound alot but I'm aware that they extended the application procedure, so just wondering if many get rejected?
Thanks for any advice
Maria
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 6:22 pm
Forum Regular

Getmedownunder is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Advice re:SAPOL

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the concensus of opinion amongst everyone I speak to in UK and Australia seems to suggest that SAPOL have now abandoned their UK recruitment, preferring now to concentrate on New Zealand over the coming years. SAPOL have always said that their recruitment campaign would end in 2010 and nothing seems to suggest a change on that.

I understand from what I hear, WAPOL are reviewing matters in June/July this year, having abandoned their UK recruitment in May 2009 due to the economic crisis. So that may be a better prospect for you.

This time last year I thought my dreams were over when WAPOL dropped their recruitment a few months after I'd submitted my application. Then out of the blue SAPOL began the next round of recruitment. I'm due to start in Adelaide in April. So dont lose hope, things can change quickly.

Another option may be, if you can obtain a Permanent Residency Visa via a partner or other family member you should be eligible to apply for any of the Police jurisdictions inside Australia, many of whom are still actively recruiting.

Best of luck

Last edited by Getmedownunder; Feb 2nd 2010 at 6:25 pm.
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 9:07 pm
Just Joined

mm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nicemm1980 is just really nice
Default Re: Advice re:SAPOL

Thanks for getting back to me.
I had originally hoped for WAPOL but hadn't been in the job long enough initially and then when the recruitment came up for SAPOL I had been sent a suprise and she was born in August!
Wouldn't change anything for the world now, but it has made me more determined than ever to get out of here and over to Oz!!
I did qualify as a counsellor in a previous life so I'm hoping that'll help me get in via the regular route.
Good luck with everything in April, I sincerely wish all the best of luck
Maria