Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

vetassess plumbing application paperwork

vetassess plumbing application paperwork

Old Jan 15th 2009, 10:33 pm
Diz
one step closer!

Diz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really niceDiz is just really nice
Smile vetassess plumbing application paperwork

Hi All. My OH is filling in his paper application for vetassess general plumber and he is struggling on the application of 'welding' in any work he has carried out. He can do welding (he had an off road jeep that needed welding ALL the time) but he hasn't had to do it at work. He doesn't want to leave it blank. Any ideas?

We are going down this route because the TRA will not pass him as a gas fitter because he did not do a formal apprenticeship. We thought it would be the simplist route because he has his CORGI and all his related certificates. He has been a plumber and gas fitter with his own business for 15 years but never took any exams as a plumber (learned it all on the job from really experienced blokes who worked for him). We really want this application to be successful so if anyone has any tips or can offer any help, don't be shy! Diz x x
Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: vetassess plumbing application paperwork

Originally Posted by Diz
Hi All. My OH is filling in his paper application for vetassess general plumber and he is struggling on the application of 'welding' in any work he has carried out. He can do welding (he had an off road jeep that needed welding ALL the time) but he hasn't had to do it at work. He doesn't want to leave it blank. Any ideas?

We are going down this route because the TRA will not pass him as a gas fitter because he did not do a formal apprenticeship. We thought it would be the simplist route because he has his CORGI and all his related certificates. He has been a plumber and gas fitter with his own business for 15 years but never took any exams as a plumber (learned it all on the job from really experienced blokes who worked for him). We really want this application to be successful so if anyone has any tips or can offer any help, don't be shy! Diz x x
Just put down what type of welding he has done, I put down arc welding as id done it in the past and when asked when i had my interveiw i told them the same.
Old Jan 25th 2009, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by ronnie98
Just put down what type of welding he has done, I put down arc welding as id done it in the past and when asked when i had my interveiw i told them the same.
PM ME IF YOU NEED ANY MORE ADVICE. iM JUST WAITING NOW AS IVE DONE MY PRACTICAL
Old Feb 8th 2009, 8:23 pm
Just Joined

kevpam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ronnie98
PM ME IF YOU NEED ANY MORE ADVICE. iM JUST WAITING NOW AS IVE DONE MY PRACTICAL
hi are ther any books you can get befor the exam ? what did the pratical exam invole ? did you do the gas part or the roof Thanks Kevin