Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Plumbers
Reload this Page >

plumbing practical in july

plumbing practical in july

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

SUSANM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: plumbing practical in july

Originally Posted by SimonG
If yoy have a look on the VETASSES web site there are details on there. Somebody will probably be along as well who has done the test to put your mind at ease.

Simon.
THANKS SIMON THAT WAS VERY HELPFUL
Old Sep 2nd 2008, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

sent you email.
john
Old Sep 4th 2008, 4:56 pm
Forum Regular

ronnie98 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by mcooper746
well done john any luck yet ronnie
been awayyyyyyyyyyyy, failed on one silly thing, my own fault really I wasnt thinking at the end so cant pass the blame. Ill be there in october to put things right though.
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

Thumbs up Re: plumbing practical in july

Originally Posted by ronnie98
been awayyyyyyyyyyyy, failed on one silly thing, my own fault really I wasnt thinking at the end so cant pass the blame. Ill be there in october to put things right though.
SORRY TO HEAR YOU FAILED IF IT`S NOT TOO MUCH OF A SORE SUBJECT WHAT DO YOU RECOMEND TONY BRUSHES UP ON FOR OCT GOT OUR DATE TODAY 27th
Old Sep 4th 2008, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by johnknight001
sent you email.
john
THANKS FOR EMAIL JOHN VERY HELPFUL
Old Sep 30th 2008, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
If you folks dont mind too much could you give me a run down on what to expect when I do my plumbing practical 27th October?
What sort of things are involved in the practical tasks, soldering, brazing etc>?

Thanks
john
Old Oct 1st 2008, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by john& becky
Hi
If you folks dont mind too much could you give me a run down on what to expect when I do my plumbing practical 27th October?
What sort of things are involved in the practical tasks, soldering, brazing etc>?

Thanks
john
HI JOHN HAVE YOU GOT YOUR PRACTICAL BOOKED IN ACCRINGTON AS I`M DOING MINE THAT DAY AND FEELING A BIT NERVOUS MYSELF ANY HELP YOU COME ACROSS I`D BE GRATEFUL OF TOO TONY
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SUSANM
HI JOHN HAVE YOU GOT YOUR PRACTICAL BOOKED IN ACCRINGTON AS I`M DOING MINE THAT DAY AND FEELING A BIT NERVOUS MYSELF ANY HELP YOU COME ACROSS I`D BE GRATEFUL OF TOO TONY
only thing to brush up on was the gas questions and what the important things were for sprinklers and fir hoses pm me and i will give you some more indepth answers
Old Oct 2nd 2008, 7:34 pm
Forum Regular

my new date is the 31st oct
Old Oct 6th 2008, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Location: West Sussex till end of 2009- then somewhere sunnier
john& becky is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm booked in london on 27th, had a very useful message about what to expect, basically what the practical is likely to involve.
It seems the assessor will ask us to fabricate and pressure test a pipework model (accurately to a drawing) using LCS, threads and fittings plus brazing a few copper joints. We will also have to waste pipe a basin, bath and WC with the correct falls and clip spacings and air test. In between times we will be asked a few questions on a fairly informal basis, more a check that we know what to do. Will be finished by about 6pm but they won't let you know on the day whetherits good or bad news. Tools needed should be hand tools and torch, threading tools and dies are provided by the college.