gas engineer help please

Old Jan 19th 2011, 10:01 am
Just Joined

paultranter is an unknown quantity at this point
Default gas engineer help please

Hi I am a self employed gas engineer/plumber although the plumbing part is self taught. I am ex British Gas and have been self employed for nearly three years, i have got 24 years experience in gas and was wondering if anyone can tell me how my qualifications stand up to coming to work in Brisbane, i have a partner who lives out there, i cannot go down the defacto visa route because we haven't been living together for a year. I am in the process of being sponsered (providing the company gets its government registration). If any one can give me a clue as to what to expect i would be grateful.
Reagrds Paul.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 5:14 am
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all
Default Re: gas engineer help please

hi
gas standards here are very low in my opinion, theres not a lot of gas safety as you would normally see in the uk, most of the gas lines in new build are run in stuff similar to track pipe, and there not fussy where they run it either. pm me if i can be anymore help.
john
Old Mar 5th 2011, 11:37 am
Forum Regular

humpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nicehumpy is just really nice

Originally Posted by johnknight001
hi
gas standards here are very low in my opinion, theres not a lot of gas safety as you would normally see in the uk, most of the gas lines in new build are run in stuff similar to track pipe, and there not fussy where they run it either. pm me if i can be anymore help.
john
Depends who you work for, Company I work for are strict with there gas safety, Queensland are behind UK but there getting better, Mines & Energy have employed more gas inspectors and are tightening up on the cowboys, there's plenty of em,
Old Mar 5th 2011, 8:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

johnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to alljohnknight001 is a name known to all

yeah to be fair some companys are good,
Old Apr 22nd 2011, 8:02 pm
Just Joined

Benjamin lagden is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by johnknight001
yeah to be fair some companys are good,
hi I am a 36 year old plumbing and heating engineer nvq level 3 and city and guilds, i also have my gas acs qualifications and water regs.

I have just seperated from my gf of 5 years and looking for a fresh start can anyone please advise me what the best route is for me to get a visa , a job and permanent residency in oz i dont have family or friends there but i have made my mind up to go. there are lots of firms online but i am not sure if they are legitimate please help

Thanks
Ben
Old Apr 29th 2011, 12:22 am
?????????

paulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of lightpaulf is a glorious beacon of light

just a heads up, drop calling yourselves Engineers, it is used as a term in the UK but not here, Gasfitter or Mechanical plumber is your trade, unless you really are a graduate engineer of course.