Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Watching UK tv in the Philippines

Watching UK tv in the Philippines

Old Dec 31st 2016, 1:35 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Watching UK tv in the Philippines

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
An advert that keeps coming up on some sites I visit is TelevisionFanatic claiming free live sport, movies,TV etc. Haven't used it so no idea what they actually provide but for those interested in sport might be worth a punt.
Just checked their website, the only sports on offer is WWE and Impact Wresting!! Are they even sports??
Old Jan 1st 2017, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I watched the ''old firm'' last night 20:15 manila time

Live streaming on Watch Free live video streaming of many sport events. Various live sport streams online, sport videos and live score for free.

Lots of sport options. just enter your time zone GMT + 8 for Manila and you get live start times.

I use this for Soccer, Rugby and cricket and last years Olympics etc.

There are other sites

I am with PLDT on the cheap plan. 1mb plus land line telephone cost 1670.00 per month
Old Jan 15th 2017, 3:34 am
Just Joined

soulman1949 is an unknown quantity at this point

I spend 8 months of the year in the UK where I have a 200Mbps connection and the remaining 4 months here where it's a maximum of 1.5Mbps!!! :-( With the buffering and cuts etc etc streaming is a waste of time - download THEN watch is the only viable route for me.

I don't do sport but rarely watch TV here, only BBC World News occasionally. I find Filipino TV to be pretty dire (we're on a cable package with Marbel Cable, the local provider) so my content comes primarily from the UK. Every Oct/Nov I arrive here with a hard drive full of films and TV progs that we will watch. The rest of stuff is downloaded from torrents!

I have a Humax Freesat recorder back in the UK which is connected up to my network and I access that remotely through my PC back in Manchester. I can set recording schedules online and when the HD gets a bit full I transfer the media files to my PC for viewing when I get back to the UK. It takes me about 2 months catching up with Corrie, Emmerdale, etc, LOL.

I also use a (free) program called get_iplayer which downloads most programmes broadcast by the BBC (radio and TV), which gets round the BBC iPlayer's 30 day restriction. Over the years I've built up a nice library of viewing material which I can take with me to the Phils. For those of you with a reasonable connection it could be worth trying in conjunction with a VPN. Most things on iPlayer can be downloaded in a variety of quality levels (to cut down on download time). Contact me offlist if you're interested.

With my net speed here it's too tortuous to try to download anything big from my server back in the UK, hard drive is the only way. Maybe one day! ;-)

Regards

Alan
Old Jan 15th 2017, 4:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

As you are Uk Based you wish to take a look at this

FILMON TV FREE LIVE TV MOVIES AND SOCIAL TELEVISION

I am watching it now
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by soulman1949
I have a Humax Freesat recorder back in the UK which is connected up to my network and I access that remotely through my PC back in Manchester. I can set recording schedules online and when the HD gets a bit full I transfer the media files to my PC for viewing when I get back to the UK. It takes me about 2 months catching up with Corrie, Emmerdale, etc, LOL.
You can get all the British soaps online about an hour after they are shown in the UK and with 1.5Mbps should be no problem watching them. See

http://www.dailymotion.com/ph/releva...January+2017/1
Old Jan 15th 2017, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I get all my Brit TV that I want to watch either via Filmon or torrents and the political progs from youtube. Rarely do I stream , mainly due to the time difference, other than maybe Andrew Marr on Sunday which is 5.00pm here.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:36 am
Just Joined

soulman1949 is an unknown quantity at this point

Useful responses, thanks guys, especially Filmon. I wasn't aware of that company. Mind you, how I'd cope with any live streaming is another matter - probably a recipe for stress induced heart attacks - it took 5 goes just to load this webpage, never mind watching any video content. 1.5Mbps is a theoretical concept and not a steady speed! I think I'll stick with my present system for as long as I'm hopping between the two countries! ;-)
Old Feb 3rd 2017, 2:26 am
Forum Regular

KLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to allKLPlates is a name known to all

Kodi and Mobdro are your friends.
Old Feb 6th 2017, 4:48 am
Just Joined

MiLoBGC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that link, I used VPN elsewhere in Asia but would like to be able to drop it if possible so this is perfect. Especially as I still pay my TV license fee in UK for the property I own and can't watch myself!
Old Feb 6th 2017, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

There's a free proxy VPN called HOOXX which has extensions for PC,MAC and some others. No torrents allowed and only works in your browser, so anything else that uses t'internet is not covered. Works fine and can stream quite happily from iplayer.(when set to UK of course) Currently you cannot download from iplayer but they say they are working on this for a future update.If you want to torrent anonymously then you'll need a "proper" VPN that diverts ALL your internet traffic.