visitors wanted

Old Aug 15th 2018, 5:28 am
Just Joined

johnwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default visitors wanted

good day friends, we are three expat males, two Brits and a Dutch jailed at Muntilupa prison - we have asked a pal to msg the forum as we are praying for visitors. pls reply for details of visiting days/times thanks

Last edited by johnwest; Aug 15th 2018 at 5:30 am.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 9:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: visitors wanted

Please advise visiting times.

Will books be appreciated and will they be allowed in?
Old Aug 15th 2018, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bilibid_Prison

a fearsome looking place.

How can people visit if they do not know the names ?

This org might help -

https://www.prisonersabroad.org.uk/

Last edited by scot47; Aug 15th 2018 at 3:24 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 3:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Bilibid_Prison

a fearsome looking place.

How can people visit if they do not know the names ?
You need some basic info, but not that much. When I used to travel through Manila I used to visit my wife's uncle in Muntinlupa. The first time I visited him they asked what his name was, me - Tony from Capiz and it worked ( I had no idea what his surname was ). Because he got what the prison called a responsible visitors ( Yeh, mad, but that's me ) he got a shorter sentence and was released last year.
Old Aug 15th 2018, 4:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

"The 3 Honkies" might be enough.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:00 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Past practice is that you get given the names and the contact number of the prison. Call and request a visit for the named detainees and attend, with ID and gifts if any are opened and searched before getting clearance. Some gifts were not allowed so I retained those. If you are donating funds try not to declare the amount as it may then get charged against imaginary.benefits such as getting more free association time etc. Donation of clothing has to match the colours of the prison uniforms or they will be denied.

I wonder if they have air con cells with videoke and dancing girls as some of the Chinese/chinoy high profiles do
Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:06 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Am I the only one who wants to know what you're in for first.

it's an old adage, but if you can't do the time, don't do the crime.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 12:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Read what the teacher had to say in John 8:7
Old Aug 16th 2018, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by nonthaburi

Being locked up does not mean that you cannot have visiting rights.

I have never discussed any case details with detainees I have visited, nor would I.

I am still waiting for the OP to get back. An unusually long time taken to respond suggests that this may not be a genuine case.
Old Aug 16th 2018, 11:13 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nonthaburi

I wouldn't need to know what the offence was, but I'd want to know what it wasn't if you get my drift.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 12:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
I wouldn't need to know what the offence was, but I'd want to know what it wasn't if you get my drift.
You do understand that in the Philippines you can serve many years in prison without charges being brought before a judge. Then when the case is brought it may take several years to be heard. Not unusual to find non convicted detainees held for many years.

I never make myself judge, jury or executioner here as the justice system is dysfunctional due to rampant corruption.

Often the procedure and sentencing is entirely down to the amount of the pay off.

One of the reasons I never discuss case details.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 1:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
You do understand that in the Philippines you can serve many years in prison without charges being brought before a judge. Then when the case is brought it may take several years to be heard. Not unusual to find non convicted detainees held for many years.

I never make myself judge, jury or executioner here as the justice system is dysfunctional due to rampant corruption.

Often the procedure and sentencing is entirely down to the amount of the pay off.

Innocence is directly proportional to size of the brown envelope
Old Aug 17th 2018, 2:01 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike

Hi Mike, yes, I guess I didn't really consider the justice system in the Philippines when I made my comment. I was really just an off the cuff remark, I worked on a voluntary basis with ex-offenders for 10 years and never regretted my choice to do that. Hats off to you for being a visitor.
Old Aug 17th 2018, 8:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Innocence is directly proportional to size of the brown envelope
Sad to say this is too true. Many a scumbag gets to walk due to pay off. Some scum bags never walk. Equally, some who are not guilty are treated as scum bags.
Old Aug 19th 2018, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Life in a Filipino Chowki must be grim, even for those who can pay for privileges.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.