Visiting Boracay

Old Jan 23rd 2019, 5:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visiting Boracay

My wife went to Boracay the other week and before you can get a ferry across you have to deposit an original valid ID, i.e. passport, driving license, visa/ARC card etc with them that you collect when returning, she was traveling with residents so was not required to.

Before traveling there, it might be best to find out what does constitute a valid ID because I would not leave any of the above with them.
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice
Default Re: Visiting Boracay

Originally Posted by Stokkevn View Post
My wife went to Boracay the other week and before you can get a ferry across you have to deposit an original valid ID, i.e. passport, driving license, visa/ARC card etc with them that you collect when returning, she was traveling with residents so was not required to.

Before traveling there, it might be best to find out what does constitute a valid ID because I would not leave any of the above with them.
I imagine a postal id would suffice. Valid 3 yrs for Philippino or one year for expat and easy to get. ( And replace if reported lost)
Old Jan 24th 2019, 6:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bestvue View Post
I imagine a postal id would suffice. Valid 3 yrs for Philippino or one year for expat and easy to get. ( And replace if reported lost)
I assume that would suffice but might still be worth checking with the tourist office before heading off.
Old May 30th 2019, 8:02 am
Just Joined

Yowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really niceYowzer is just really nice

Originally Posted by Stokkevn View Post

I am staying at the Two Seasons in August and booked roundtrip Airport pickup direct with the hotel, 1,600PHP each, the hotel have not told me I would have to leave any documents, of which there is no chance of my doing
Old May 30th 2019, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Yowzer View Post
I am staying at the Two Seasons in August and booked roundtrip Airport pickup direct with the hotel, 1,600PHP each, the hotel have not told me I would have to leave any documents, of which there is no chance of my doing
A friend came back from there a couple of days ago, he had booked my wife's cousin as a tour guide. What he had to do was show the hotel booking conformation and one piece of ID which must be the same piece of ID shown when leaving the island so they can cross you off the visitors list. He just showed his driving license and that covered him, his wife and their daughter.

Hopefully the same when you go but the requirements do change quite regularly. Might be worth giving Boracay tourist office a ring a couple of weeks before you go just to get the latest.