visas

Old Aug 30th 2012, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: visas

Blackbear you do not buy respect you earn it so do not think you have to dig out peso at every request learn to say no be aloof but you dont need to look down. Ahhh you have to learn to act like a filipino male just without all the girlfriends.................Good luck enjoy
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:07 pm
Forum Regular

blackbear1137 is an unknown quantity at this point

youve read somthing into what i mean thats not ment,ill help them and not expect anything back .if they WANT to give it good if not so what .at last ive help some one to a better life .i dont expect anything back.......................
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

Blackbear i,m sorry. If the family are good they will love you even if your not with the girl. go on ask me how i know that
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

ok i know i can go to novalichills and i know i,ve spelt that wrong its after queson city and stay with my brother in law who has a US pension from the 2nd world war and got shot also if i need i can go to a brg in Samar and live as long as i want to and my connection to this family is no more
Old Aug 30th 2012, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

hi sorry if i miss read
Old Aug 30th 2012, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi enjoy and good night, just take care
Old Sep 9th 2012, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tropicofcancer
After six months, you can use it to buy a condominium or a car, that is it must be a tangible asset.
I believe however that your age would allow you the $35,000 option.
you aint got a Danny la rue
Old Sep 9th 2012, 9:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by piero
you aint got a Danny la rue
Really?
I was in attendance at a meeting, when the retirement package was first coming in to force. Persons from BI were also there. Full details had not yet been finalised. Yes I still have my DVD and presentation papers. The amount then was $50,000. Arguments from the floor were noted. It was stated that changes and improvements to the plan would be implemented on a running basis.
Fast forward the fee was dropped to $35,000 for the older retirees, at about the same time the ACR card came out in 2006. I occasionally speak to a UK retiree who availed of the $35,000 retirement visa, rather than an annual trip to Hong Kong.
Many changes have been made recently, as it was realised that there were many potential retirees who were in receipt of large pensions, many of whom could not readily find the lump sum required at that time. Any pension money paid to an account here will not be taxed, but there is a $360 annual fee to BI.
Things change very quickly here. In 2006 the ACR card was to be renewed annually, but changed to every five years instead.

Yes I do know what I am talking about, and I have lived here for over a decade. Most of my posts are in response to requests for information, and not general chit chat. Hence few posts during my period of membership.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 12:46 pm
Forum Regular

Tropic sorry for any insult and yes you do know what you are talking about. When i first saw the PRA website i think it was $50 000 and below 50 years $75 000 so i gave up on that idea also i think today the same under 35 you cant join. So yes it has changed a few times and i dont think i ever saw the $35 000 deposit. But when i joined it was $20 000 or $10 000 and i pay $10 a year for my id card last November i paid $30 for a 3 year card and yes now its $360 a year. ACR card has nothing to do with PRA its for the 13a visa and conversion of deposit was controlled by PRA condo golf shares and a few others . I think now to convert you need $50 000 but to join its 20 or $30 000. Before if you had $50 000 and took some out then there was an extra fee to pay, for me was not of interest so i may not be correct on that. Please tell me where and when the PRA would allow you to buy a car with your deposit
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I am on a 13A. However in 2003 the new retirement package came up. I went to see what the score was. There were several presentations in the Waterfront Hotel Cebu City. Certainly at ours there was a lot of discussion. The proposal was that the $US deposit would only be released against certain assets. These were given as property, yes there was a lot said about the seventy year lease rule, and aliens not being allowed to own land. Then cars were mentioned "as almost all foreigners drive" also golf club and other shares were mentioned. These were the proposals.
Several potential retirees made the point, that the deposit required was high. That they wanted to keep their home abroad and gain additional income by renting it out, and not selling. There was also discussion about pensions. There was nobody there that knew the taxation rules at that time, sad to say.
In fairness many concerns were noted, and many acted upon. Some many years down the line. Things change and they normally take a long time to be updated online. The British guy I mentioned, bought the house and lot he was renting on a seventy year lease. Yes he encountered a lot of problems.
They would also take care of the 13A visa, I believe the fee was $1400 at that time. It cost me about P11000 to do it myself temporary and permanent. That was prior to the ACR card introduced in 2006 at a cost of $50. It was to be annual, but changed to a five year validity for all Permanent, permanent residents.
Most of those at the 2003 meeting I attended, were the people who stayed a year, then did a flight out of the country, bought goods, came back, and then went to the Duty Free, before getting visas sorted out and staying another year.
You become aware of the various schemes, when it is time for the annual registration at BI. It costs P310. Last January using my ACR card once it was my turn, it was quick. There are notices on the walls.

Information can quickly become outdated, as changes are made. Not just visas, but banking too.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

Tropic i am not going to get in a war with you. you have 13a then good on you . but the PRA has been around since 4th July 1985 and yes it was Marcos time it changed again 31 08 01 to BOI do you want me to quote execuitive no 1037 and no 26 its all on the PRA website again good luck to you. But if blackbear or any one else wants to learn more about the SRRV go to the site. if your married then maybe the BB stamp or 13a visa is better for you. if not look at SRRV no Acr no reporting no yearly fees albeit 310 peso you dont do nothing. And yes all info is out of date so quick and also websites of the consulates are also not always updated. 2003 i was in Machala Ecuador. I think blackbear,s first question was about Srrv cause you lost me in history
Old Mar 29th 2013, 12:20 am
Just Joined

LondonorManila is an unknown quantity at this point

In London but looking into possibly settling in Manila or elsewhere in years to come. Read various posts here about getting visas to settle in Phil.. found an interesting video clip on You tube, a TV interview with the founder, Chairman, CEO of Century Properties, Jose E B Antonio.

He went on record as saying if a foreigner buys an apartment (unit) in one of his blocks (they call condo's) they will also be given or have fixed for them a residency visa to live in Philippines. I can't vouch for this but trust someone in his position knows what he is talking about and is telling the truth on a tv news interview.

Thought I'd share this in case it helps anyone. If it is true it would make settling there more straight forward if no cheaper.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LondonorManila
In London but looking into possibly settling in Manila or elsewhere in years to come. Read various posts here about getting visas to settle in Phil.. found an interesting video clip on You tube, a TV interview with the founder, Chairman, CEO of Century Properties, Jose E B Antonio.

He went on record as saying if a foreigner buys an apartment (unit) in one of his blocks (they call condo's) they will also be given or have fixed for them a residency visa to live in Philippines. I can't vouch for this but trust someone in his position knows what he is talking about and is telling the truth on a tv news interview.

Thought I'd share this in case it helps anyone. If it is true it would make settling there more straight forward if no cheaper.
The SRRV allows you to invest in a condo so what he say is true if not quiet how it is done.
Old Mar 29th 2013, 3:04 pm
diy
Just Joined

diy is an unknown quantity at this point

before buying condo, read blogs like this http://pinoydreamhousetoday.com/6-th...dominium-unit/ especially the 50 year part
Old Mar 30th 2013, 12:06 am
Just Joined

LondonorManila is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks both for the advice and link, I will check it out more. I expect it will be some years off, if ever should I buy a condo/ property and relocate to Manila or another Philippine location so I've plenty of time to do as much research as possible. After seeing sad tv shows about people losing their dream and life savings even as close to home as Spain on ill advised home purchases, it pays to spend time well in advance looking at all the 'pros and cons'.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.