Visa

Old Sep 4th 2019, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Visa

Originally Posted by mikemike
all immigration officials anywhere in the world can ask any questions of any one they like entering the country. Being in transit is not an offence ''I stopped to say hi and the bye to some friends'', is not an illegal act
ok then
Old Sep 4th 2019, 11:16 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be using a new passport as it needed renewing therefore my previous visa stamps for PH won't be seen by immigration if they do ask why I'm not staying,. However, I'm on the system I suppose as a previous visitor who has always departed within 30 days
Old Sep 4th 2019, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
I'll be using a new passport as it needed renewing therefore my previous visa stamps for PH won't be seen by immigration if they do ask why I'm not staying,. However, I'm on the system I suppose as a previous visitor who has always departed within 30 days
Just bring your old passport with you.
Old Sep 5th 2019, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm assuming the reason for getting that onward ticket is to save money by only having to book a one-way flight to Ph rather than a return? If so, its worth considering but is there a 100% guarantee that at the check in here in UK they will accept that ticket as proof that I'm not just staying in PH for longer than the 30 days without a visa, but will they not ask questions about my long term plans?
To be honest, although I bought the ticket as an insurance, I didn't need it. At check in at Bangkok with my wife, they were happy to accept that I would enter Philippines on a Balikbayan, so I didn't have to show the onward ticket. The ticket is genuine and shows all the flight sectors as confirmed. There is a booking ref which can be looked up on the airlines website. In my case the ticket was Manila to London Heathrow, via Doha on Qatar Airways. Usual disclaimers apply, that I mention this in good faith but not responsible for how you may use the info. Cheers.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 5:59 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat120 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,ive booked my flight to Manila for this coming Saturday 28th,first of all they told me i need a return ticket before i board the plane,now they tell me i need a visa before i can enter the Philippines is this correct,thanks Frank.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Frank2....

Not true on both counts. Who is "they"? What you need is an "outward" ticket before you board or known locally as a "throwaway" ticket. A ticket from Phils to Hong Kong as an example which can be bought cheaply and never used. The Philippines is visa free for Brits on entry and then you have to obtain a visa if you wish to stay longer than 28 days. The visa can be obtained whilst in the Philippines or even at Manila Airport on arrival if that is more convenient.

Regards
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

I'm thinking though about immigration at Manila airport who might ask me why I am flying to PH then leaving after only a few hours if I get one of those onward journey tickets that is apparently only valid for 36 hours?
You will not be asked to show an onward or return ticket at Philippines Immigration. The only people asking for this are the guys on the check in desk when you check in for your flight here.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Frank2
Hi,ive booked my flight to Manila for this coming Saturday 28th,first of all they told me i need a return ticket before i board the plane,now they tell me i need a visa before i can enter the Philippines is this correct,thanks Frank.
As previously stated, you will require an onward or return ticket when you check in for your flight. This is an airline requirement not Philippines Immigration. If you are a UK passport holder you do not need to arrange a visa in advance. You will be granted 30 days stay by immigration when you land. That can be extended should you so desire.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Frank2....

Yes, DM is correct about the 30 days stay, I erroneously stated 28 days. However the outward ticket is a Philippines Immigration requirement and enforced by the airlines concerned. The airline would be financially penalized if they failed to enforce the BI requirement which is why they enforce it rigorously. I have yet to hear of anyone from BI checking for outward tickets on arrival.

Regards
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:02 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Frank2....

Yes, DM is correct about the 30 days stay, I erroneously stated 28 days. However the outward ticket is a Philippines Immigration requirement and enforced by the airlines concerned. The airline would be financially penalized if they failed to enforce the BI requirement which is why they enforce it rigorously. I have yet to hear of anyone from BI checking for outward tickets on arrival.

Regards
Yes P11 is correct in that the return ticket is a Philippine Immigration requirement and that is why the airlines insist on it. Very unlikely that you will be asked for it by Immigration on arrival.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:07 am
BE Forum Addict

DM.....

Outward ticket as opposed to return ticket....

Regards
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:36 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

The "Visa" refers only if you have no onward ticket.
IE They want proof, that you are considered, Resident in the Philippines. Basically they wish to see, your ACR-I card. Or other proof, such as the BI stamp in your passport, to that effect. Which means there is no Onward Ticket requirement. This means that you must go to the check-in desk.
Without proof of residency. Yes you need the onward ticket. As has been stated: The airline carrying you, would be penalised, and would be liable to return you.
Also correct: If you have a return ticket, you will be given a twenty-one day visa on entry.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Very often theres no financial benefit in booking a one way ticket rather than a return which I know doesn't make sense but I've compared the price difference with a couple of airlines just recently. However, you would have to inform the airline that you're not going to be on the return flight otherwise they'll automatically charge to your acct as a no show.
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 9:46 am
Account Closed

Hi,thanks everyone for there advice,ime all sorted now thanks again.
Old Oct 2nd 2019, 1:03 pm
Account Closed

Hi,do you need to book an appointment to extend your visa,or do you just turn up,thanks Frank..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.