Visa 13 A Application

Old Jul 15th 2021, 8:39 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Visa 13 A Application

Have my appointment to BI Intramuras on 27 July to make my 13A application. Everything ready except for one item.
Can anyone clarify what the BI Clearance Certificate is?
I am thinking that it is the Clearance letter that accompanies Tourist Visa extensions.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Visa 13 A Application

I think that if you read it again it is NBI Clearance Certificate. This is National Bureau of Investigation.

Takes about a month to be processed normally, well it does here in the provinces.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 12:40 pm
Just Joined

skippyscage is an unknown quantity at this point

basically a background check to make sure you have no record
Old Jul 15th 2021, 9:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your comments.
I have the NBI Clearance. Only took 3 days. However at the end of the list of requirements is the need to include BI Clearance Certificate.
Old Jul 15th 2021, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

https://immigration.gov.ph/services/...-certification

Old Jul 16th 2021, 12:58 am
BE Enthusiast

Raffin,
Very grateful. Missed that one.
Old Jul 16th 2021, 2:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I applied first for a 13a but as my wife had been divorced I was not allowed a 13a, ended up with a SRRV instead, which having seen what hoops some 13a visa guys have to go through I am glad they rejected me.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 12:19 pm
Forum Regular

EnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishRed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I applied first for a 13a but as my wife had been divorced I was not allowed a 13a, ended up with a SRRV instead, which having seen what hoops some 13a visa guys have to go through I am glad they rejected me.
Got my 13A Probationary VIsa last year in Iloilo, really friendly and helpful

Applied for 13A Permanent last week, again in Iloilo. We rang a few weeks ago for an appointment but when we arrived we weren't on the list. They agreed to deal with things providing I had all documents required. Handed tham a folder with all paperwork Left an hour later with my receipts and instructions on how to check status of things on line.

Rpoviding you have all correct paper work it is no hassle.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

skippyscage is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by EnglishRed
Got my 13A Probationary VIsa last year in Iloilo, really friendly and helpful

Applied for 13A Permanent last week, again in Iloilo. We rang a few weeks ago for an appointment but when we arrived we weren't on the list. They agreed to deal with things providing I had all documents required. Handed tham a folder with all paperwork Left an hour later with my receipts and instructions on how to check status of things on line.

Rpoviding you have all correct paper work it is no hassle.
same here (same office) - came here with the probationary and now awaiting the permanent via Manila -- 3 months to process apparently.

I found the staff at the Iloilo office super easy to deal with and friendly - in fact the security guards do lots of the basic grunt work before the papers are sent inside, all in order.
Old Jul 26th 2021, 9:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you E and s for positive feedback.
I submit my application at BI Intramuros at 08.00 this morning!
Old Jul 27th 2021, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Well after 90 minutes and an 8 stop process mission accomplished. The interview at 08.00 on 30 July with an estimated completion date of 3 September (that date sounds familiar)
Old Aug 19th 2021, 10:07 pm
Forum Regular

samtheman40 is an unknown quantity at this point

I ended up
paying someone who works at the immigration office to sort it out for me. I had to pay more but it was all worth it in the end.
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 10:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

For anyone planning to apply in the near future an update on my recent 13A application experience.
But at Main BI office Intramuros. Warning: it may be different elsewhere.

Two changes from what I have been told and seen on You tube about 2021 application.

1.They no longer ask for BI Clearance. Even though showing at requirement No 7 on Rev 1 of the Conversion Form,.
Good, one less thing to apply and wait for. Surely that is something they can easily check themselves.

2. They have scrapped the interview. They say due to covid but hopefully it will be permanent.
However they ask you to fill out a somewhat strange Questionaire (sic). Which has to be notarized when completed.
It asks you to answer "honestly and legibly".
Questions for you start sensibly enough asking how long you have known your spouse, when and how you met.
Then ...more tricky....their good and bad qualities.
Why did you reside in the The Philippines? Ok...
Then..haha..."What types of activities do you like to do together with your spouse?"
Future plans..Ok.

Your spouse is let off lightly with just the good/bad qualities question also and to describe you and her marriage... in one word! My wife took two, Plus, have you visited your spouse's country, met any of his friends and relatives?

Someone must read the answers, has a few laughs, but presumably looks for red flags. Then maybe you are called for interview?

They are still asking for two copies of every page of your passport...even though on the requirements for the visa and ACR card that is not asked for. And two staff there look thoroughly through your passport.

Then there is still the notarized formal request letter and "affidavit of guarantee with authenticity". When you are so obviously applying and sign that you have submitted all necessary requirements!
You can get them done locally or near the BI. Probably cheaper locally but at the BI they also notarized the Questionnaire. Asked P950. I thought I should use the BI notaries as my wife is lacking good IDs at present. Think I was right to do so. She overlooked that and duly stamped the letter and affidavit.
We missed one thing, which was that my wife's birth certificate was not a PSA original. The lady at the desk was prepared to overlook that but not the checker in the back room. Fair enough, they do ask for original PSA ,so we now wait for the PSA online order to come and then we can return to re-submit. PSA originals identifiable by quality of paper.

Last, watch out with the NBI clearance at UN Avenue. See my recent thread on that.

Last edited by Raffin; Jul 22nd 2022 at 11:14 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 11:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Raffin,
Welcome to the club. Very surprised that you had to pay P950. BI Notaries are a rip off and charge 3 times more than if done locally.
When I went through the Probationary stage last year it was not necessary to have the questionnaire notorised. Is that a requirement now? If so, a probable scam to maintain the earnings of the notary and perhaps commissions they pass on to BI staff.
Patience is always a virtue.
My best advice for any one having to go to BI Main Office (soon to relocated to Pasay) is be there when they open at 8am. After 9am the place becomes a zoo.
Old Jul 23rd 2022, 2:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Raffin,
Welcome to the club. Very surprised that you had to pay P950. BI Notaries are a rip off and charge 3 times more than if done locally.
When I went through the Probationary stage last year it was not necessary to have the questionnaire notorised. Is that a requirement now? If so, a probable scam to maintain the earnings of the notary and perhaps commissions they pass on to BI staff.
Patience is always a virtue.
My best advice for any one having to go to BI Main Office (soon to relocated to Pasay) is be there when they open at 8am. After 9am the place becomes a zoo.
The questionnaire seems to be mandatory now as they say "Part of the visa evaluation process".

Yes, the notary charge was steep but I thought that as we went to one recommended outside by one of the staff at the submission desk my wife's ID would not be a problem as yes, the BI lady getting a commission. Her few valid IDs not showing the same address as mine. She notarized with no ID for her. That was Ok at the BI desk and seemed to be passed by the checker. Where we live there are many restaurants etc but some services like ordinary notary publics are almost non existent. There are law offices, if the lawyer is in and not at court, who will do such things but charges are much higher than in Manila.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.