UK state pension

Old Mar 13th 2023, 4:05 pm
Just Joined

sdh44 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK state pension

Just trying to find out how much of your uk state pension you lose if you let the pension service transfer it through the banking service they use(City bank) as opposed to using a digital service such as Wise which would charge a simple fee
Old Mar 13th 2023, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK state pension

I think you would find it hard to get a better rate than what you get now. It would probably cost you more in the end. I previously investigated it and if something goes wrong it takes ages to get it sorted if you use another way.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by calman014
I think you would find it hard to get a better rate than what you get now. It would probably cost you more in the end. I previously investigated it and if something goes wrong it takes ages to get it sorted if you use another way.
You mean using the pension service banking system is fair enough on exchange rate?
Only moving from UK later this year just trying to find out what's best.

​​​​​ i
Old Mar 13th 2023, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdh44
You mean using the pension service banking system is fair enough on exchange rate?
Only moving from UK later this year just trying to find out what's best.

​​​​​ i
The DWP rate (in my case anyway) doesn't seem to the "best rate" they advertise - but I agree with Calman​, probably best, in the long run, to stick with it.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 4:58 pm
Just Joined

Thx your probably right, how do you find being able to contact the pension service (if need) from ph?
I know the mail service is next to useless I was thinking in respect of the proof of life form they post out to you, it takes them forever to answer calls from UK let alone ph
Old Mar 13th 2023, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

gov.uk website for info.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 5:33 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat142 has a reputation beyond repute

I am in Hungary but I guess no different (in terms of DWP interactions)

A DWP agent told me to allow at least 28 days for post (from them) to arrive. As for phone calls, my (3 or4) all involved approx 30 minutes holding.
Old Mar 13th 2023, 11:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sdh44
Thx your probably right, how do you find being able to contact the pension service (if need) from ph?
I know the mail service is next to useless I was thinking in respect of the proof of life form they post out to you, it takes them forever to answer calls from UK let alone ph
https://assets.publishing.service.go...r1-gov-nsp.pdf