UK passport office

Old Jan 19th 2017, 5:41 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK passport office

ok they timed me out after 20 minutes

I will wait until the lady gets home she will have the missing details then we will start again
they want feedback and that button does not seem to work either

what ever happened to on line doc you printed out and completed by hand

Completed, paid and printed, now to get the counter signatory inside leg measurement, just to start with!!

Last edited by mikemike; Jan 19th 2017 at 7:17 am.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

grahamuk2 is an unknown quantity at this point

The UK passport issuing process for Brits born (like my 18 month-old son) abroad is a total disgrace too.

It is apparently taking a year or more now, for them to come up with a first British passport for a child born in the Philippines.

My/son's application went in last July, so early days yet.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grahamuk2
The UK passport issuing process for Brits born (like my 18 month-old son) abroad is a total disgrace too.

It is apparently taking a year or more now, for them to come up with a first British passport for a child born in the Philippines.

My/son's application went in last July, so early days yet.
To be fair, the UK Passport Office's turnaround time for UK passport applications in other countries are okay. The reason why it takes so long for applications from the Philippines is that the country is class as a high risk country for fake documents. The link below is an example -

Stepping Hill nurse Victorino Chua guilty of murdering patients - BBC News
Old Feb 8th 2017, 7:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by HKG3
To be fair, the UK Passport Office's turnaround time for UK passport applications in other countries are okay. The reason why it takes so long for applications from the Philippines is that the country is class as a high risk country for fake documents. The link below is an example -

Stepping Hill nurse Victorino Chua guilty of murdering patients - BBC News
Yes, I understand the reasoning behind the delays... and about the process that is gone through.

I'm told (by a civil servant who will know about such things) that often it is the 'Manila end' of things that slows down the process, as each local document is retrieved there for verification.

I also think some common sense could be used, where the application is clearly quite straightforward.

I also consider that the subject in the link you've provided above is totally irrelevant to the process of a British citizen applying for a passport for his child. Sorry.

Last edited by grahamuk2; Feb 8th 2017 at 8:00 pm.
Old Feb 8th 2017, 9:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, I understand the reasoning behind the delays... and about the process that is gone through.

I'm told (by a civil servant who will know about such things) that often it is the 'Manila end' of things that slows down the process, as each local document is retrieved there for verification.

I also think some common sense could be used, where the application is clearly quite straightforward.

I also consider that the subject in the link you've provided above is totally irrelevant to the process of a British citizen applying for a passport for his child. Sorry.
graham

I am going through the renewal for passports that were originally processed by the embassy direct.

Amazing the process that has to be supplied for a 6 & 4 year old for them to be ''considered'' for renewal
Old Feb 8th 2017, 10:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Define 'common sense' and 'straightforward'.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 10:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Define 'common sense' and 'straightforward'.
I'll be polite and let you go first.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 10:39 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be polite and let you go first.

If you understand the delay and reasons for it then I would suggest you should also understand there is no such thing as a straightforward application if you are relying on Philippine documentation and the common sense approach would be to carry out robust checks on each and every first time applicant.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

My link is relevant -

The article said that Greater Manchester Police 'discovered inconsistencies between his two nursing certificates' and have 'no confidence that those are bona-fide qualifications'.

Chua was able to use these alleged fake nursing certificates to register as a nurse in the UK and went on to work in an NHS hospital. Thus it is possible that someone could use fake documents in order to obtain a British passport that he is not entitle to.

If the fake certificates are good enough to fool the Nursing and Midwifery Council in the UK, it is very understandable that the Passport Office needs to be very cautious when dealing with applications from high risk countries.
Old Feb 9th 2017, 8:29 pm
Just Joined

Ok.
You win.

You're obviously a lot cleverer and much more experienced in such matters than I am.

I will slink off and you can pat one another on the back.
Old Feb 22nd 2017, 3:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Today I received my new British Passport exactly 21 days from when I sent my application via LBC.
A good result you may think. Well in reality no.The passport was issued on 9 Feb and has been sitting in DHL Hayes/Heathrow facility for seven days. I know this as DHL sent an SMS to advise me of its delivery on 15th Feb. No delivery materialised and with the SMS information I could start tracking the package. This last Monday I sent a strongly worded email to DHL and lo and behold the package started its 48 hour journey to Marikina.
So the Passport office did a great job and the service provider failed.
Old Feb 23rd 2017, 11:53 am
BE Forum Addict

I got my two kids passports today, taken 8 working days to complete.