Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Type of Visa advice and how fast is it to get one

Type of Visa advice and how fast is it to get one

Old Jul 21st 2022, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

AllInJesusName is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Type of Visa advice and how fast is it to get one

I am a UK resident travelling to the Philippines to see my dear fiancee in September and planning to stay for at least 25 days. After that I am planning to return to the UK and do some work and then travel to see her again in December. When I start the online visa application it offers 3 entry types : single visit, multiple entry 6 months and multiple entry 1 year. Is it safe to apply for a multiple entry if it is my first time ever visiting Philippines (in terms of delays/rejection rate)? Also how much did OneHealth Pass cost you? If you have any similar experience please feel free to share. Good day everyone
Old Jul 21st 2022, 2:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Type of Visa advice and how fast is it to get one

Originally Posted by AllInJesusName
I am a UK resident travelling to the Philippines to see my dear fiancee in September and planning to stay for at least 25 days. After that I am planning to return to the UK and do some work and then travel to see her again in December. When I start the online visa application it offers 3 entry types : single visit, multiple entry 6 months and multiple entry 1 year. Is it safe to apply for a multiple entry if it is my first time ever visiting Philippines (in terms of delays/rejection rate)? Also how much did OneHealth Pass cost you? If you have any similar experience please feel free to share. Good day everyone
You get a free 30 days on entry so for your first trip you don't need anything. Multi entry only give you 59 days per entry so not worth having. If you are going to exceed the 30 days just extend at your nearest BI. You can extend up to 3 years before you need to leave the country.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Oh I see. I must have forgotten British Citizens get visa free 30 days. I may not be eligible for visa free entry because I do not have British Citizenship. I have ILR as a refugee and a Travel Document so for me rules are slightly different. Asked the visa officer and they advised me to apply for a visa online and send the application form by post. They mentioned clearance which is necessary for Travel Document holders. They never told me how long the visa is gonna take to process though which makes purchasing the flight tickets a real drag lol Guess will have to just pay extra for refundable tickets.

Last edited by AllInJesusName; Jul 21st 2022 at 4:13 pm.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 4:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

It is always advised not to purchase tickets until the visa has been issued, once you receive the visa you have something like 6 months from date of issue to enter the Philippines. Visas used to only take a couple of weeks but covid changed that, are they issuing visas from the embassy yet as it had stopped for the last couple of years.
Old Jul 21st 2022, 7:22 pm
Just Joined

By the way I am not sure about where they are going to issue my visa at as they mentioned after I post them my application form with all the docs they would need to 'send it to the Philippines' for clearance. I got scared for a second there, hope they are not planning to send all of my documents by international post to their government in Manila haha That would probably take a while.
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 12:20 am
Just Joined

skippyscage is an unknown quantity at this point

Also how much did OneHealth Pass cost you?
nothing, it's free. If you end up on a site that wants money, then you've arrived at a scammers website. Apparently there are a few around.

there's only one official website and it's here https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

I am a UK resident travelling to the Philippines to see my dear fiancee in September and planning to stay for at least 25 days.

You may not need nor welcome this advice but if it your first time be aware there are many wonderful and lovely scams here.
Do some research so you are aware.. and dont believe all you are told ( by your fiance) Im sure shes a lovely lady and all, but just keep your wits about you.
Many smart men took their first visit to Philippines and lets say maybe regretted it.
Be cautious, sensible and smart and dont be gullible.and do your own research.
A Filipina outside the Philippines can be a very different species when in her own country surrounded by her own ( hungry ) relatives etc etc.
I live in Philipipnes and have been here many years. Im not being cynical, just stating be aware of things that go on and watch out for red flags.
As a newbie, you are back to being a babe in the woods
Old Jul 22nd 2022, 11:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by freebie
You may not need nor welcome this advice but if it your first time be aware there are many wonderful and lovely scams here.
Do some research so you are aware.. and dont believe all you are told ( by your fiance) Im sure shes a lovely lady and all, but just keep your wits about you.
Many smart men took their first visit to Philippines and lets say maybe regretted it.
A Filipina outside the Philippines can be a very different species when in her own country surrounded by her own ( hungry ) relatives etc etc.
I live in Philipipnes and have been here many years. Im not being cynical, just stating be aware of things that go on and watch out for red flags.
When I first arrived here and the 'hungry' relatives came out of the wood work I ask wife's auntie that I really liked what work she needed doing and offered the hungry relatives work for what they wanted to 'borrow', that cut the expected handouts down by over 90%.
Old Jul 26th 2022, 7:20 pm
Forum Regular

britishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond reputebritishbull has a reputation beyond repute

I do have a brit passport but when I applied for a multi-entry visa I was told that I could not have one until I had a single entry in my passport
Old Jul 26th 2022, 9:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by britishbull
I do have a brit passport but when I applied for a multi-entry visa I was told that I could not have one until I had a single entry in my passport
Ah, I see, that makes sense to me now. Thanks for the update man!
Old Jul 26th 2022, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by freebie
I mean, of course I see where you coming from and I appreciate your warning. But I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever about her. I have known my fiancee for nearly a year. I do not think she is after my money since all she craves for is my attention and video chats with me I have not even been that generous with her in fact she is the one who even sent me gifts/meals/netflix subscriptions first. We just can't wait to go to the church together and exchange vows honestly.
Old Jul 30th 2022, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, of course I see where you coming from and I appreciate your warning. But I have absolutely no doubts whatsoever about her. I have known my fiancee for nearly a year. I do not think she is after my money since all she craves for is my attention and video chats with me I have not even been that generous with her in fact she is the one who even sent me gifts/meals/netflix subscriptions first. We just can't wait to go to the church together and exchange vows honestly.
It will not be her that you have to worry about, relatives can put a huge amount of pressure and guilt on her when a potential rich person arrives on the scene. I was lucky in that my wife had lived in Aberdeen for nearly 30 years and most were give a short travel advise.
Old Aug 3rd 2022, 3:06 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

How much time have you actually spent together over that year?