Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Transfer large sums to philippines?

Transfer large sums to philippines?

Old May 3rd 2023, 7:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Transfer large sums to philippines?

Originally Posted by Lenboy
So my question is how do you send large sums of money from the UK to the Philippines, its seems to me that £25,000 seems to be the limit per day from uk bank.
But what if I am buying a house and its over £200,000 for example? I have no Philippines bank account.
Is it a rule to pay the 200 k in one shot? If the seller allows you could pay in eight daily installments of 25 k.
Old May 3rd 2023, 7:36 pm
Just Joined

Lenboy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Is it a rule to pay the 200 k in one shot? If the seller allows you could pay in eight daily installments of 25 k.
yes I was thinking that myself. Thanks for your time
Regards len
Old May 4th 2023, 1:29 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SushiFan
Originally Posted by Lenboy
yes I was thinking that myself. Thanks for your time
Regards len
By sending multiple smaller amounts in rapid succession there is a fair chance that you will be reported for suspicious activity either by the sending bank, or another bank involved in making the transfer. Even if you don't use a bank, banks are still usually involved in moving the money.