Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Title: Renting house in the Uk while living abroad

Title: Renting house in the Uk while living abroad

Old Feb 9th 2013, 6:00 pm
Just Joined

HappyLife2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Title: Renting house in the Uk while living abroad

Hello Guys

We have posted this same message early on but a friend suggested to post it here on the Philippine section. So here I am repeating it once more.

We have just joined this site and found it very interesting as we are planning to rent our house here in the UK and live abroad outside the EU. However, we don't want to cut our ties or burn our bridges should in case we need to return home. So we are thinking of keeping one of our rooms as our accommodation so we can come and go as we please and rent the rest of our house and to make this happen we are planning to live abroad 9 months and 3 months in the UK during summer time. Will that time period affect our re-entry to UK? We also would like to know what is the longest time we can stay outside UK and our re-entry will not be affected? We are both British citizens.

Additionally, I hope some of you have the experience of renting property while living abroad. How did you go about doing it and with what results? We will appreciate very much your kind assistance.