Tesco in SM

Old Sep 26th 2015, 7:30 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tesco in SM

M&S in Ayala had their baked beans in today - 65p a can - CIAO still better value. did lash out and buy some M&S hand cooked crisps tho'! got my weetabix and Shredded wheat as well from Rustans.
Old Nov 27th 2015, 12:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone seen Pickled Onions for sale here. I have tried to make them with the local onions but it is not the same.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Nov 27th 2015 at 12:48 pm. Reason: can't spell
Old Nov 28th 2015, 8:00 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Go find Mike Stokes on FB. He imports UK goods each month and lists what he has. He'll ship to anywhere. I've got 2 jars of Asda pickled onions in my store box.
https://facebook.com/mikesimportedenglishgoods/
Old Nov 29th 2015, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

I am sure i have seen jars of tesco pickled onions in my local SM
Old Nov 29th 2015, 10:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
I am sure i have seen jars of tesco pickled onions in my local SM
Thanks, shall have a look next time I am there.
Old Dec 1st 2015, 7:57 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Thanks, shall have a look next time I am there.
Picked up a jar today silver skin pickled onions.
Old Dec 3rd 2015, 8:25 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Some Tesco items in SM NRA, and a small M & S kiosk situated on the "1st Floor" as they call it.
We used to buy Silverskin Onions in White Gold NRA.
It will be interesting to see what SM Seaside, and Gaisano Liloan have on offer, when they open shortly.
Old Mar 7th 2016, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Custard creams are here and about 25 pesos cheaper than marks and spencers.

I will have to do a detailed scout around to see what other new items they have brought

seems a shame they still have far too many duplicate imports like salt etc I think the merchandisers need to re think on more than a few products and gives us

Branston pickle
and other pickes and chutneys, oxo cubes and bisto etc
Bourbon
tinned meats like the steak pies and suet puddings etc not sure if they use refrigerated and freezer services. Some imports clearly are as imported bacons and hams are coming from the USA and Canada... humble banger with cumberlands would be nice..... dream on)

have used the crumble topping for home made apple crumble, what chance of tinned rhubarb
Old Mar 8th 2016, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, Mike2, they need to do a big rethink on their offer. What we saw in Bicutan the other day was most of the Tesco stuff in one corner of the store. Better to cut the number of products and put them in the main sections.

We did buy a nice Tesco Tomato Chutney - but I so agree with you about Branston Pickle. And maybe Picallili? Jars of sliced beetroot were there also. Also got a box of their medium strength tea - I drink tea mixed with dalandan concentrate here and one British type bag can be reused a number of times.

Some of their more basic cereals are also worth considering.

Bangers, yes, but on the pies I was never a great fan of theirs. But I did used to like M&S's microwaveable suet covered steak and kidney pies in a box. Don't even know if they still do them, but have you seen them here?
Old Mar 8th 2016, 3:15 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin

i have yet to see anything from M & S that the old woolworths would have done, in terns of limited food supplies being around sweets/candy with biscuits. They have bottles of plonk and sherry with port at very reasonable prices when comparing to places like Union Jack pub in alabang which charge over double for similar.

Yes I am hopeful that Tesco will listen to the e-mails sent. I am it sure how much is piggy backed off their deliveries to their other Asian markets and if at this time we are just getting the rump off slow over order up takes elsewhere. time will tell
Old Mar 23rd 2016, 9:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Raffin
Yes, Mike2, they need to do a big rethink on their offer. What we saw in Bicutan the other day was most of the Tesco stuff in one corner of the store. Better to cut the number of products and put them in the main sections.

We did buy a nice Tesco Tomato Chutney - but I so agree with you about Branston Pickle. And maybe Picallili? Jars of sliced beetroot were there also. Also got a box of their medium strength tea - I drink tea mixed with dalandan concentrate here and one British type bag can be reused a number of times.

Some of their more basic cereals are also worth considering.

Bangers, yes, but on the pies I was never a great fan of theirs. But I did used to like M&S's microwaveable suet covered steak and kidney pies in a box. Don't even know if they still do them, but have you seen them here?
raffin sorry to take so long to respond. Am with you on the what we wants for sure.

I have not yet seen any items in the tinned meat/pie area or bangers for either MS or tesco or even waitrose in rustans. I live in hope, by then I will be a very young man )

Tescos now have Jaffa cakes far cheaper than MS