SRRV v 13a Visa

Old Aug 7th 2019, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRRV v 13a Visa

I'm currently married to a Filipina and plan for me is for us to retire to Cebu and given that immigration rules change all the time in the UK I'm assuming that similar occurs elsewhere however knowing all that my plan was to move over there on the 13a applied for in London which I believe means I avoid the probationary period.

Has anyone had experience of both? Which is a better visa to be on? I'm assuming 13a but am I right?
Old Aug 8th 2019, 2:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV v 13a Visa

13a is the cheaper option and you will not have money tied up for a number of years.. If you plan to travel once a year out of the Philippines a Balik Bayan is even cheaper!
Old Aug 8th 2019, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

Balik Bayan is good for one year stay. Is given free of charge at the arriving airport. The only constraint is you must travel with your Filipino wife and be together at the immigration counter. Its always valid for one year on arrival so if you plan to go out the Phils on vacation during the year and so get it renewed ( for another year) when you return ( with your wife).
Old Aug 8th 2019, 10:49 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

13a is the cheapest option. It does cost when you leave the Philippines, Php 2800 approximate when we departed to the UK in June. The SRRV is a good option if your not married to a Filipino, but depending on your age you do have to deposit money into a designated Philippine bank account, which you have no access unless you leave the country indefinitely.
We have used a balikbayen visa for years, but have had to get a 13a visa because you cannot obtain a driving license or open a bank account without a permanent residency. Others may tell you it’s possible to obtain a driving license and open bank accounts on a tourist visa, but from my experience this was not so.
I have noted that you are thinking of getting your visa in London. We found the London Philippine Embassy to be very unhelpful and some of the staff bordered on being arrogant. We eventually applied and obtained the 13a visa in the Philippines and found the staff very helpful and accommodating. A word of advice........make sure all your documentation is correct, especially your marriage certificate, and your wife’s birth certificate.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 12:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

I have no interest at the moment of obtaining a 13A or SRRV, but I make these points..

Balikbayen Visa. This is a privilege and not a right. In other words, you can ask on arrival in Philippines but that does not necessarily mean you will be issued with it.

13A visa.....As far as bank accounts and driving licence is concerned, you CAN obtain both without a 13A. I have obtained a licence about 6 months ago, but its like most Govt Depts here, they have their own interpretations of the rules. Its a case of asking around.

SRRV deposit.....I stand to be corrected on this, but I understood that you CAN use your deposit to help buy a condo for instance. But I am not 100% sure and I am sure someone will come along with a definitive answer.

Finally.....Welcome to the Philippines....and to the forum.

Regards
Old Aug 13th 2019, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

Andrew_AJP is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Finally.....Welcome to the Philippines....and to the forum.

Regards
Lol many thanks

As for London Embassy I can only speak for when we got my wife and daughter passport there a couple of years ago and we found them professional and welcoming, granted it wasn't quick but then again nothing is quick in places like that.