SRRV Retirement Visa

Old Dec 23rd 2023, 8:38 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of
Default Re: SRRV Retirement Visa

Originally Posted by quiltman
Re exemption from UK tax for holders of SRRV. We have recently emigrated here to Cebu and before we left I corresponded with HMRC. Although there is a double taxation agreement with the Philippines it does NOT apply to any pensions classed as Government pensions. This includes State Pensions, Teachers Pensions and similar. It does apply to private pensions.
In my case I have a couple of smallish private pensions so I can apply to receive these gross BUT HMRC take tax due on my state pension from these private pensions.So the difference will not be large but still welcome!You have to have been away from UK for a full tax year in order to claim.
Yes you still get the annual increase and just last month I got the winter fuel allowance credited to my UK account even though both HMRC & DWP know we live here. Maybe next year it won't appear! I also got the 10 pound Xmas bonus!

Also you can join PhilHealth as an individual paying subscriber. This gives you various discounts on hospital treatment and may be worth it for expats who cannot afford full medical insurance. The latest cost I have is 2500 pesos a year.

Does anyone know if the Philippine government have actioned their decision to grant SRRV holders similar privileges as senior citizens? This includes 20% discount on prescriptions, free parking etc. The PRA published a notice last year that the government was going to implement this.
we both have senior citizens cards that give the 20% discount and e joy the facility in restaurents and expensive coffee shops. I am not supposed to have one but it was given so enjoy it .
Old Dec 23rd 2023, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

I hope you realise that Philippine citizens do not qualify for a senior citizens card if their monthly income exceeds 60,000Php.
Also a foreigner holding a senior citizens card can be deported according to the law of the land. Enjoy your discount which is funded by hard working people of the Philippines who pay their tax.
Old Dec 24th 2023, 3:30 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
I hope you realise that Philippine citizens do not qualify for a senior citizens card if their monthly income exceeds 60,000Php.
Also a foreigner holding a senior citizens card can be deported according to the law of the land. Enjoy your discount which is funded by hard working people of the Philippines who pay their tax.
Not forgetting that whether senior or not we pay VAT ( tax ) on everything plus Property Real Tax and an assortment of other taxes.. environmental tax , road tax, service charge ( which is a tax on diners ) etc etc....As my Real Property tax comes to almost P60,000 per year I have no problem if a restaurant decides to provide me with a senior discount. If they decide not to provide, absolutely no problem.
Especially as when I dine, Im often with several others , all contributing to restaurant revenue. We all have differing views on this subject.. the subject rears its head from time to time.
Old Dec 24th 2023, 3:49 am
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of

Some one said once that the Philippines has some good laws but its the implementation that is lacking.

Property tax and land tax are an issue with some paying and the majority. not. Adding property tax to your land tax almost doubles the anual payment! New houses seem to be victims of the municipal demanding the property tax but there is no enforcement. An official will inspect the new house and rate it for the property tax amount to pay but he is bribable for a small amount
Old Dec 24th 2023, 8:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Some very entitled and selfish contributors here. Must have a low moral compass, that is if they have one at all.