SRRV

Old Nov 21st 2013, 10:53 am
Just Joined

tartantbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default SRRV

Hi Guys...planning my retirement for sometime next year. Questions:

1. My pension provider will not remit my monthly payments to a bank outwith UK. If I set up a monthly standing order from my RBS bank account to transfer payments to a Philippine bank based in UK..will this meet the demands of SRRV

2. Dont have any police record anywhere. But what is the process in UK for proof for SRRV.

3. The required deposit for SRRV can it be in a UK based Philippine bank

4. Can the processing of SRRV be carried out in UK

Probably all above has been on a forum already..apologies if this is the case

regards Bill
Old Nov 21st 2013, 12:53 pm

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: SRRV

Hi Bill. Just to tell you that above your thread you'll find a sticky Read Me topic about SRRV. I don't know if your questions will be answered on there, but might be worth a read and adding to that topic?
Old Nov 21st 2013, 1:00 pm
Just Joined

Yup...great. Will read through it.

cheers
Bill
Old Nov 24th 2013, 10:52 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

suggest you go the PRA website , it is updated and has a Q & A to cover. On the menu of the web page there is a 'click on' to Eurama which is support for expats who are English speaking run by members of the SRRV and those who may wish to join. There is a UK mechanism for clearance to comply with PRA requirements and the EURAMA guys will fill you in.

As for the balances they have to be here in the Philippines and can be in currency other than pesos . the choice is always flexible so once again Eurama cam help. Not sure why you cannot get your pension paid through from your bank direct to a bank account 'annottaed with pension scheme. Yes funds transfers are not cheap.

I was an active member of SRRV and Eurama
Old Nov 24th 2013, 4:12 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mike thanks for the speedy response.

cheers
TartanT
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:29 pm
Forum Regular

piero is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi i did my srrv around 3 years ago, it has changed a bit since then but i think the basics are the same.
Police report i did 1 years before for work at the police station now [ 3 years ago ] its done by post West London i think by the way this has nothing to do with any other crb or whatever any one can get this...allow 4 weeks was 10 pound. now until i phoned the consulate in London i didnt know it had to be legalized....they told me where . FCO Milton Keynes , almost drove there but took a chance on the post [ 24 hours ] that was the biggest cost....Now to the consulate i think 18 pounds 24 hours nice gold and red ribbon.
Deposit something i was not sure about...get your bank to give you a $ that's a US dollar cheque..... your fee can be in dollar notes..
As for your pension i cant help on that sorry.
I used a marketer which you dont pay for i also emailed her many times before to double check all...and yes eurama off the pra website will help you more .
Took me just over 1 week to get an indefinite visa and 10 $ a year there after.
Just came back from UK first week October walked my daughter down the aisle just over 2 weeks away ,, immigration i went through the VIP lane
Old Dec 14th 2013, 2:50 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry just re reading your questions.
they want new money coming in
SRRV can only be done here
The deposit has to be here,,,they want to hold the folding
again your pension email pra join eurama Mary Jane will help you...
You have 4 questions i had 20 and i did it..........its easy when you know how. don't worry
Old Dec 15th 2013, 10:11 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Tartanbird.
We are in the process of obtaining our SRRV here.
1. Your pension. We set up a sterling account with BPI Europe, in London, and they set up a peso account here for us. Every month I go online to my UK bank - Nationwide- transfer money to BPI Europe, takes about 2 hours to show, just as it does to ANY other UK bank. I then go to BPI Express online and transfer sterling to my peso account. Takes literally seconds. Good exchange rate as well ,on Friday it was 72.4 pesos/pound.Costs 5 pounds up to 25K. A print out of my UK bank statement showing regular transfers here to Cebu was accepted by the PRA, together with my UK pension statements - the annual ones. These had to be legalised by the FCO in Milton Keynes BUT ensure they are notarised by a UK solicitor first otherwise they get sent back. I think you can do it all from the UK but your deposit must be in a bank in the Philippines approved by the PRA. They then issue the appropriate certificate of deposit you need for your application. We only started the process when we got here and the Cebu PRA office have been most helpful. Mind you our "fixer" helps as she knows the right people and steered us through the rather complicated process. We just kept renewing our tourist visa - you can do that for 16 months.The biggest problem is that you will get different stories from different people.you need a Police clearance here AS WELL as your UK one so I don't know the procedure for doing that via the UK. They need fingerprints, both electronically and manually.

Regarding UK police record. The ACPO website gives you the details, think its www.acpo.gov.uk. I used my current CRB and obtained a basic clearance for my wife. Cost 32 pounds. Google police clearance for visa as you only need the basic version for visa applications.

don't forget the medical! We again had all the tests done by a local clinic for about 7 pounds and about 6 pounds for a local doctor to fill in the form.

There is a lot of info on the PRA website and the forms are available to download. you also need lots of 2x2inch photos! Oh, and copies of your passport. It's worth the slog, we love it here and live like kings compared to the UK to say nothing of the better weather.
don't forget to tell the UK tax man before you leave using form R85. You may get a refund ,depending on when you move.

If you have any other queries either post on here or PM me and i'll do my best to help you.
Old Dec 17th 2013, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

So helpful…many thanks all
Old Dec 25th 2013, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

Well a lot more has changed since i did mine. No need police report in The Philippines as my UK 1 was good enough. The medical done in Makati near PRA no charge all in the fee. its not so hard, just over 1 week i had mine, so no need to extend extend, and i used a marketter not a fixer ... look at PRA Website
Old Dec 25th 2013, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

Sorry i forgot. All papers and deposit in order. half day in Makati all done then 10 days for your visa