Soon to take the plunge

Old Sep 24th 2019, 5:12 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I'd say the visa system probably saved you. They all want to go to the UK until they arrive and realize that it's cold, lonely and they are stuck with the old geezer who got them the visa for the next 5-7 years.
if tats the case then are you saying that every foreigner who goes to live in PH with his partner rather than bring them to his own country is because she wouldn't be happy living abroad?
Old Sep 24th 2019, 5:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
if tats the case then are you saying that every foreigner who goes to live in PH with his partner rather than bring them to his own country is because she wouldn't be happy living abroad?
No. My guess is that the foreigner can't sort out the visa system or does not have the money to do so in their home country. Better to go live abroad where is it is cheaper and more visa friendly.

Visas didn't break your relationship as you could have gone there. When the opportunity arose it was not visas that stopped you going abroad, it was your wife's attitude towards your money.

Old Sep 24th 2019, 5:23 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

No. My guess is that the foreigner can't sort out the visa system or does not have the money to do so in their home country. Better to go live abroad where is it is cheaper and more visa friendly.

Visas didn't break your relationship as you could have gone there. When the opportunity arose it was not visas that stopped you going abroad, it was your wife's attitude towards your money.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

She doesn't want me to go there anymore because I delayed on transferring money when she asked me to but that was because I hadn't decided how much to put in her account initially. She criticised me for not helping her much financially over the period of our marriage and said that she wished she had got to know me first (we married on my third visit there) and got engaged on her insistence on my just my second time there. She managed to lose the wedding ring and said a relative was probably the person who went into her room and stole her engagement ring from a drawer. She didn't like wearing rings because apparently they make her finger itch but my exact same wedding ring doesn't?
I don't know about anyone else but I would never transfer large sums to here, regardless how long you have lived here. The bank insolvency guarantee is only about P500k, so anything above that could disappear at the whim of a politician changing some law or another, I normally have just a few months worth in Ph and the rest overseas. Putting £60k into her account would tie you up for ages in anti-laundering paperwork, most likely at both ends.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 8:13 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

We simply got screwed by the visa system .
I'm intrigued, how did you get 'screwed by the visa system'?
Old Sep 24th 2019, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
I'm intrigued, how did you get 'screwed by the visa system'?
you could read my opening post
Old Sep 24th 2019, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I don't know about anyone else but I would never transfer large sums to here, regardless how long you have lived here. The bank insolvency guarantee is only about P500k, so anything above that could disappear at the whim of a politician changing some law or another, I normally have just a few months worth in Ph and the rest overseas. Putting £60k into her account would tie you up for ages in anti-laundering paperwork, most likely at both ends.
I wouldn't transfer that much now and I'd make sure first that her bank knew of the incoming funds and what they were for.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 10:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't transfer that much now and I'd make sure first that her bank knew of the incoming funds and what they were for.
Only a month ago you were about to wire 60k. The only thing that stopped you was confusion over GBP or PHP.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 10:33 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

you could read my opening post
I did, and I don't understand how you've been 'screwed'. Have you actually applied and been refused? The salary amount required to sponsor a spouse is only just over minimum wage, but in any event you seem to have enough to meet the criteria via savings from what you've said, hence my confusion.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 12:34 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=christmasoompa;12739244]I did, and I don't understand how you've been 'screwed'. Have you actually applied and been refused? The salary amount required to sponsor a spouse is only just over minimum wage, but in any event you seem to have enough to meet the criteria via savings from what you've said,
We failed twice for a visit visa soon after marrying in 2011. Obviously we didn't know it was near impossible for a married couple to get anything other than a spouse visa which we should have applied for rather than just a visitor/tourist visa. After the second refusal she said not to apply again for any kind of entry for her to the UK because we'd likely fail which would be too big a disappointment to take. Also, two failed attempts puts a black mark against her name with the Home office.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 12:36 pm
Forum Regular

Only a month ago you were about to wire 60k. The only thing that stopped you was confusion over GBP or PHP.
at the time I didn't have the knowledge gained from BE that I have now. No confusion about GBP and PHP.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 12:58 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

at the time I didn't have the knowledge gained from BE that I have now. No confusion about GBP and PHP.
Let's face it, to tell you she doesn't want you any more simply because you didn't send money, in addition to complaints that you haven't sent her enough money in the past, tells you all you need to know about her feelings for you. I'm sorry that it worked out this way, you obviously had genuine hopes for this relationship. That she's shown her true colours before you moved over there might be a good thing in the long run, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Take care.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Let's face it, to tell you she doesn't want you any more simply because you didn't send money, in addition to complaints that you haven't sent her enough money in the past, tells you all you need to know about her feelings for you. I'm sorry that it worked out this way, you obviously had genuine hopes for this relationship. That she's shown her true colours before you moved over there might be a good thing in the long run, but that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Take care.
Thank you and yes you're right.
Old Sep 25th 2019, 1:14 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you and yes you're right.
Chin up mate, you're still in the prime of life and there are plenty of good women in the UK just waiting to be discovered
Old Sep 25th 2019, 9:01 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=spouse of scouse;12739694]Chin up mate, you're still in the prime of life and there are plenty of good women in the UK just waiting let's hope so

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.