Soon to take the plunge

Old Sep 30th 2019, 1:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Soon to take the plunge

Originally Posted by Crystal Dale
she wrote the gospel on emotional blackmail. Thanks for saying I'm a nice guy and yes she should have appreciated me more even though I couldn't get her over here. After all. I was the only person who went to PH to meet her as I'm sure she chatted to many other foreign guys online before me and maybe also since in the last couple of years or so
Hopefully on the next plunge into love in a foreign country you will do a bit of homework, BE covers most countries, but also other local expat sites that may shed light on both emotional and practical facts of the country. I was lucky in that my wife and I had lived together for nearly 10 years before moving here so I had a pretty good idea of the advantages and pitfalls before moving here. Still trying to work out if you were brave or foolhardy in marrying a girl that you had not lived with for quite a while, but maybe that is why you have only one wife and I have had three.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Stokkevn;12742229]Hopefully on the next plunge into love in a foreign country you will do a bit of homework, BE covers most countries, but also other local expat sites that may shed light on both emotional and practical facts of the country. I was lucky in that my wife and I had lived together for nearly 10 years before moving here so I had a pretty good idea of the advantages and pitfalls before moving here. Still trying to work out if you were brave or foolhardy in marrying a girl that you had not lived with for quite a while, but maybe that is why you have only one wife and I have had
brave or foolish it doesn't matter now but what I'm still trying to decide is do I wish we hadn't met (If not then this daily sadness wouldn't torment me), or am I glad we did because at least I can say that I've experienced love at least? Not sure there'll be another plunge into love abroad but thanks for the advice.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

Crystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this pointCrystal Dale is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
Bangkok is a great place to visit and to live. Great mix of modern and tradition, much cleaner than many European cities I know apart from presently air quality. Cost is more affordable than a trip to Japan
Japan seems sophisticated somehow and it's a cooler climate that SE Asia. I said no to Bangkok because it's that where everyone goes for the red light district.
Old Sep 30th 2019, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

Four years ago, on my last night before flying home, I had two epileptic seizures in our hotel room whilst sleeping the result of which was that I was taken to the nearest medical facility (which just happened to be private and in Makati where we were staying), to fix a bad cut on my nose after falling from the bed and landing on my face, a blood transfusion and an x-ray because my shoulders were bruised. The consultant who saw me also insisted on an ECG and MRI brain scan because I told him that I was flying back that day (this was in the early hours) so he needed to make sure that I was fit to fly because apparently according to him my airline Cathay Pacific could sue them if I had another sudden episode on the plane thus forcing a possible emergency landing? Six months earlier, I had some kind of seizure here at home also whilst sleeping and needed to visit A&E because of a bad cut above my and my face was very badly bruised. Foolishly and despite the advice from the doctor I saw, I didn't make an appt to be referred to a neurologist who probably would have diagnosed me with epilepsy and put me on medication meaning that what happened to me in the hotel in PH wouldn't have probably happened.
When I was admitted to Makati Medical Centre my wife was asked to pay a 10k peso retainer before they would start treating me, which we both thought would be the only charge we would face. She had that amount in her acct before two years earlier I had transferred quite a large sum to last her for a good 2 or more years because I was fed up of her asking me to send her money every month or so, but that's a different story. Anyway, after all the tests were done and it was decided that I was ok to be discharged and fly home, I was hit with a bill for 66k pesos to be paid immediately before they would cut the name tag off my arm and let me out of the facility. I was given a breakdown of the cost of all the tests with the MRI at Ā£320 being the most expensive. You can call us both naive but we weren't told of the various costs of each test, therefore, I just let them do what they said was necessary but when I was shown that bill I immediately knew that they had taken advantage of us? Fortunately, my wife had picked up my bag which contained my wallet with the credit card that I used to pay before we left the hotel with the paramedics.
Anyway, I wasn't able to fly home that day (late afternoon flight to HK) because understandably I was very tired and not feeling 100% so my wife had to call Cathay to get me another flight for the next day but I had to wait for the day after that because they had no spare seats. There's a charge for this of course and I had to pay for two extra nights in the hotel but at least it was only a 3 star. I did see a neurologist on my return to the UK and was diagnosed with nocturnal epilepsy but I've not had a seizure since because of the meds I take which are free and also by following a regular sleep pattern and no alcohol. Mercury Drug charges 150 pesos just for one of my tablets although my wife said that there is a much cheaper alternative at Generica for 30 pesos that just needs to be taken once a day whereas I need 3 a day of the tablets I take here. She's had to visit Generica many times for me on my visits over there, for diarrhoea, vomiting and heat rash. In conclusion, this is a warning to anyone stupid enough like me to not get some kind of health insurance but we live and learn, the hard way in my case. Has anyone else experienced something similar in PH?
Old Sep 30th 2019, 6:53 pm

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Japan seems sophisticated somehow and it's a cooler climate that SE Asia. I said no to Bangkok because it's that where everyone goes for the red light district.
It's a big city buddy. You're talking about 3 streets in a city of 15 million. And anyway, the vast majority of p4p action is Thai with Thai, which is what you'd expect seeing as its in Thailand, its just as a foreigner you wouldn't know its happening.

You have to go a long way into the wilderness to get away from prostitution in Thailand
Old Oct 1st 2019, 12:02 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Four years ago, on my last night before flying home, I had two epileptic seizures in our hotel room whilst sleeping the result of which was that I was taken to the nearest medical facility (which just happened to be private and in Makati where we were staying), to fix a bad cut on my nose after falling from the bed and landing on my face, a blood transfusion and an x-ray because my shoulders were bruised. The consultant who saw me also insisted on an ECG and MRI brain scan because I told him that I was flying back that day (this was in the early hours) so he needed to make sure that I was fit to fly because apparently according to him my airline Cathay Pacific could sue them if I had another sudden episode on the plane thus forcing a possible emergency landing? Six months earlier, I had some kind of seizure here at home also whilst sleeping and needed to visit A&E because of a bad cut above my and my face was very badly bruised. Foolishly and despite the advice from the doctor I saw, I didn't make an appt to be referred to a neurologist who probably would have diagnosed me with epilepsy and put me on medication meaning that what happened to me in the hotel in PH wouldn't have probably happened.
When I was admitted to Makati Medical Centre my wife was asked to pay a 10k peso retainer before they would start treating me, which we both thought would be the only charge we would face. She had that amount in her acct before two years earlier I had transferred quite a large sum to last her for a good 2 or more years because I was fed up of her asking me to send her money every month or so, but that's a different story. Anyway, after all the tests were done and it was decided that I was ok to be discharged and fly home, I was hit with a bill for 66k pesos to be paid immediately before they would cut the name tag off my arm and let me out of the facility. I was given a breakdown of the cost of all the tests with the MRI at Ā£320 being the most expensive. You can call us both naive but we weren't told of the various costs of each test, therefore, I just let them do what they said was necessary but when I was shown that bill I immediately knew that they had taken advantage of us? Fortunately, my wife had picked up my bag which contained my wallet with the credit card that I used to pay before we left the hotel with the paramedics.
Anyway, I wasn't able to fly home that day (late afternoon flight to HK) because understandably I was very tired and not feeling 100% so my wife had to call Cathay to get me another flight for the next day but I had to wait for the day after that because they had no spare seats. There's a charge for this of course and I had to pay for two extra nights in the hotel but at least it was only a 3 star. I did see a neurologist on my return to the UK and was diagnosed with nocturnal epilepsy but I've not had a seizure since because of the meds I take which are free and also by following a regular sleep pattern and no alcohol. Mercury Drug charges 150 pesos just for one of my tablets although my wife said that there is a much cheaper alternative at Generica for 30 pesos that just needs to be taken once a day whereas I need 3 a day of the tablets I take here. She's had to visit Generica many times for me on my visits over there, for diarrhoea, vomiting and heat rash. In conclusion, this is a warning to anyone stupid enough like me to not get some kind of health insurance but we live and learn, the hard way in my case. Has anyone else experienced something similar in PH?
I'm very surprised you were given a clean bill of health to fly. If my daughter has had even an absence seizure in the previous 24 hours she's not allowed to fly and they've just been for very short flights. If she had a full tonic clonic one she wouldn't have been going anywhere for at least three or four days. The idea of CP allowing you to fly long haul sounds like madness to me. Anyway that's off topic, can't help with the insurance bit.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 2:09 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

As Cathay Pacific has been mentioned & to keep the info accurate for anyone else looking in, here is their policy re epileptic seizures.

Old Oct 1st 2019, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

What do you know about Bangkok? Nothing going by your comment.
And Tokyo e.g. has no redlight district? I dare say you don't know the Japanese.
Invest in a good travel guide instead of relying on what your friends tell you.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 4:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016
What do you know about Bangkok? Nothing going by your comment.
And Tokyo e.g. has no redlight district? I dare say you don't know the Japanese.
Invest in a good travel guide instead of relying on what your friends tell you.
Love Roppongi
Old Oct 1st 2019, 8:08 am
BE Enthusiast

SushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond reputeSushiFan has a reputation beyond repute

You may want to study more on Japan. I can tell you for certain that it can be as hot and humid as in SE Asia. I guess you are already aware of the typhoons and earthquakes they have over there? And red light districts are not difficult to find in Japan.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 8:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Iā€™m starting to think P11 and CD are the same person typing from different logins šŸ˜‚
Old Oct 1st 2019, 9:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
Iā€™m starting to think P11 and CD are the same person typing from different logins šŸ˜‚
Funny that I was also forming that opinion
Old Oct 1st 2019, 9:34 am

nonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond reputenonthaburi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I think father and son.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

As I'm not an expat or likely to be one in the near future, there isn't much point to this thread anymore, therefore, I won't be posting again. Thank you to everyone for their input.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 11:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank You .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.