Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Requesting a OMB for a imported pc

Requesting a OMB for a imported pc

Old May 27th 2020, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Requesting a OMB for a imported pc

Originally Posted by nonthaburi
Is there a difference if you just use regular mail, as in things won't get stopped?
It has always been my experience that anything you post or send via courier to an overseas address will need to have a customs declaration form. Even Balikbayan Boxes require a list and value of all items in the boxes.
Old May 27th 2020, 4:47 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by javsezlol
We also had no choice but to import non of those parts where available here
So did you send a pc or parts for a pc? As far as I'm aware different customs rates apply.
Old May 28th 2020, 12:38 am
Forum Regular

javsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond reputejavsezlol has a reputation beyond repute

These where pc parts.
UPDATE: So we went to fedex a super nice women helped us and same thing in the customs super good man. The broker we spoke to also was a great guy he told us to be careful as people here try to extort money from you which didnt happen... So for the OMB clearence... At first we could accept the pentaly which is a fine of 30% of the entire package whic was almost 1000 dollars for only 2 conflicting items which had a added value of 200 Usd... I then asked if we could just remove the items and leave them there as its a stupid amount for the storage devices as if you spent 9000usd on a pc and had one $20 sd card you have to pay aloooot of money.

So we could of got a afidavte ghat states the can open the package and remove those items ect.

But we where advised to just get a affidavte for OMB. Basically stating we can collect the item with out a permit but promise to apply for one.

We are going today to collect the package so i will update everyone if there is anymore issues. But we where told we can collect it today

Package total was 2743 USD
Tax : 377 USD

​​​​
​​

Last edited by javsezlol; May 28th 2020 at 12:50 am.