Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Recommended Mobile plan for calling/texting UK ??

Recommended Mobile plan for calling/texting UK ??

Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Recommended Mobile plan for calling/texting UK ??

Hi ... does anyone have an idea on the cheapest way to text / call the UK from the Philippines? My elderly parents do not hold stock with the internet .. so Skype Messenger etc is out of the question.
10 days in to my stay and I'd like to say thanks to you all for the advice given to me ... getting the visa extension was so easy @ Lucena City Hall only about 15 minutes. I smiled and made sure I said thanks ... just in case I need further help.
Picked up a nasty head cold ... and have used up my Lemsip already Grrrrrr lol .... Thanks again. Baz

Last edited by Bazza070958; Sep 2nd 2016 at 6:23 am.
Old Sep 2nd 2016, 6:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Recommended Mobile plan for calling/texting UK ??

Originally Posted by Bazza070958
Hi ... does anyone have an idea on the cheapest way to text / call the UK from the Philippines? My elderly parents do not hold stock with the internet .. so Skype Messenger etc is out of the question.
10 days in to my stay and I'd like to say thanks to you all for the advice given to me ... getting the visa extension was so easy @ Lucena City Hall only about 15 minutes. I smiled and made sure I said thanks ... just in case I need further help.
Picked up a head nasty cold ... and have used up my Lemsip already Grrrrrr lol .... Thanks again. Baz
I phone my Mum via Skype to her landline, cost is 1.7 Euro cents or 1.4 pence a minute. You of course have to create an account using credit or debit card but easy and can use immediately. For texting you can use one of the free text anywhere in the World services, I use Send Free SMS | Unlimited Text Messages Worldwide but there are undoubtedly many other out there.
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 12:02 am
Forum Regular

Bazza070958 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I phone my Mum via Skype to her landline, cost is 1.7 Euro cents or 1.4 pence a minute. You of course have to create an account using credit or debit card but easy and can use immediately. For texting you can use one of the free text anywhere in the World services, I use Send Free SMS | Unlimited Text Messages Worldwide but there are undoubtedly many other out there.
Thanks Stokkevn ....superb Ill give that a go. Thanks
Old Sep 3rd 2016, 6:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe no "Lemsip" in Pilipinas but I am sure the Pharmacies have a substitute !
Old Sep 4th 2016, 1:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Maybe no "Lemsip" in Pilipinas but I am sure the Pharmacies have a substitute !
It is called Bio-flu