Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

receive your uk pension in ph

receive your uk pension in ph

Old Jan 26th 2023, 6:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: receive your uk pension in ph

Originally Posted by mikemike
I have been callin the hot line everyday for last two weeks and wait for ever to not get an answer
Call them around 08.15 GMT
Old Jan 26th 2023, 4:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
Call them around 08.15 GMT
i have been calling them from first thing to last thing
Old Mar 7th 2023, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/pe...122623317.html j

just as well as still not had an answer
Old Mar 8th 2023, 2:20 am
Forum Regular

freebie is an unknown quantity at this point

https://uk.yahoo.com/finance/news/pe...122623317.html j

just as well as still not had an answer
Which is why thankfully they seem to have heard the peoples voice and realised they could do better. Thankfully I was able to contact them in early Jan and successfully paid for 2 extra years late Jan. Not sure when that gets credited to my pension but hopefully before the 10% increase in April.
Old May 23rd 2023, 5:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by freebie
Which is why thankfully they seem to have heard the peoples voice and realised they could do better. Thankfully I was able to contact them in early Jan and successfully paid for 2 extra years late Jan. Not sure when that gets credited to my pension but hopefully before the 10% increase in April.
I have been trying to call the technical line following the statement process, the option 4 followed by option 1 goes to engaged tone and within 10 seconds they cut the call out. I wonder if they will extend the deadline again
Old May 23rd 2023, 5:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Does anyone here receive their pension from the Philippins SSS route? Makes sense as the income is not attributed to Uk income for tax purposes and all pension in the philippines are treated as tax exempt. or uk income tax. You do not have to be a non dom to go this route, i think I may be by default and this only impacts inheritance tax not income tax or capital gains tax decided by UK residential status. this can and will change just not sure that dom status has been re written to cover income and capital gains taxes

Old May 31st 2023, 2:52 am
Forum Regular

For those paying a voluntary contribution ( extra years ) apparently you have to call NI hotline to get the years you want allocated. 0300 200 3500... was on hold for 20 minutes yesterday. Be warned you will be talking to a machine and if you provide a wrong or misunderstood response, the machine might just cut you off and end the call. Spoke with a pleasant lady who happily stated they had received my missing years payment and would allocate them according. Then its up to Pension department as to when they actually add these to the pension. The also pleasant lady that I spoke to , stated it was taking anywhere from 20 to well over 40 weeks to process the additional payments as " many many people paid to make extra years contributions.
Old Jun 1st 2023, 12:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

For those paying a voluntary contribution ( extra years ) apparently you have to call NI hotline to get the years you want allocated. 0300 200 3500... was on hold for 20 minutes yesterday. Be warned you will be talking to a machine and if you provide a wrong or misunderstood response, the machine might just cut you off and end the call. Spoke with a pleasant lady who happily stated they had received my missing years payment and would allocate them according. Then its up to Pension department as to when they actually add these to the pension. The also pleasant lady that I spoke to , stated it was taking anywhere from 20 to well over 40 weeks to process the additional payments as " many many people paid to make extra years contributions.
"20 to well over 40 weeks". An absolute disgrace.! There can be no excuse for this gross inefficiency.
Old Jun 1st 2023, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
"20 to well over 40 weeks". An absolute disgrace.! There can be no excuse for this gross inefficiency.
Probably still doing this working from home nonsense.... Todays schedule for them.. "Get up, have breakfast, feed the cat, do some work, make a coffee, read the paper do some work, do Soduko, oh time for lunch. Do the laundry, do some work, have a cuppa, talk to neighbour.. oh look , time to knock off.
Old Jun 1st 2023, 6:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
Hell !! I would accept that time line just to get a phone answered!!
Old Jun 2nd 2023, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

I called at about 5.30pm Philippines time and seemed to be fine , both in calling the Nat Insurance number, then the Intl Pension Centre... I actually expected a longer wait than 20 minutes was was happily suprised that was the max time needed.
Old Jun 2nd 2023, 1:55 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

I have had need to call International Pensions twice in the last couple of weeks.
First time at 4.00pm here and was on hold for 6 mins 38 seconds. Second time was at 7.00pm here and was answered after two rings once through the "welcome" messaging.
It's pot luck to some extent as it obviously depends on how many others are trying to get through. The lovely lady I spoke to the first time said she only answer overseas calls and there were only a couple of others handling overseas exclusively. Don't know how true it is but it does make sense.
Old Jun 2nd 2023, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

I called at about 5.30pm Philippines time and seemed to be fine , both in calling the Nat Insurance number, then the Intl Pension Centre... I actually expected a longer wait than 20 minutes was was happily surprised that was the max time needed.
The number you called for Ni is way different to the one I am using.. i will put down the numbers i have been given later today, see what others have been trying to use as well.

I am still sometime away from drawing down the pension. the 9 year deadline is what is driving me and that deadline is arriving fast.

as for the future forecast that arrived this week, a very confusing 4 page document wit 4 sets of capital heavy bold projection figures on each page, all very different and confusing
Old Jun 8th 2023, 5:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

the numbers I have been given to call from overseas,they are not a free call

00441912183600 this was answered after close to 50 minutes and a pension forecast was sent providing 4 headline figures non of which offered 50/50 or ask the audience let alone phone a friend. I remain none the wiser. I have since received another number 00441912037010, will try tonight

my main task was to add 9 years class 2 , if deemed allowable,.
I was told to call back on same number select option 4 then option 1 to speak to the technical area. Result two rings to engaged tone then within 10 seconds they terminated the call.

does anyone les have a number to call from overseas purely for NI contributions be it class 2 or 3.. thanks

Last edited by mikemike; Jun 8th 2023 at 5:58 pm.
Old Jun 9th 2023, 2:35 am
Forum Regular

Feidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond reputeFeidlimid has a reputation beyond repute

the numbers I have been given to call from overseas,they are not a free call

00441912183600 this was answered after close to 50 minutes and a pension forecast was sent providing 4 headline figures non of which offered 50/50 or ask the audience let alone phone a friend. I remain none the wiser. I have since received another number 00441912037010, will try tonight. my main task was to add 9 years class 2 , if deemed allowable,. I was told to call back on same number select option 4 then option 1 to speak to the technical area. Result two rings to engaged tone then within 10 seconds they terminated the call. does anyone les have a number to call from overseas purely for NI contributions be it class 2 or 3.. thanks
mikemike, I’ve been receiving my pension for a few years now and paid up a number of missed payments in the preceding years, which are Voluntary Contributions Class 3. The number I rang was 0345-300 0168. I always called from Skype and this was either toll free or charged at an extremely low rate. Of course I put the +44 in front and dropped the zero, but I think this enabled me to get the toll free call. Like I say, I can’t remember precisely. Mention early on that you are phoning from the Ph and if they say you need another number for people living abroad, take it but ask them to transfer you today. You can monitor how much the call is costing you on Skype as the minutes go by and decide if you’re on the ‘low cost’ or ‘toll-free’ mode.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.