Problem getting married

Old Nov 12th 2018, 11:52 am
Just Joined

PistolPey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Problem getting married

Hello everyone,

Im a British Citizen who will be in the PH from Dec 16 to Jan 7 to spend with my fiance. The problem we face is we want to get married in that time but the British embasy is closed so I cannot book my appointment for the proof of affiliation. Is there any way around this to get it signed in the UK before I go or elsewhere? We have been in LDR for 3 years and feel like marrying in the PH is a better option than a Fiance Visa.

Thankyou for your help.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 12:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Problem getting married

Not sure if it still works like this. My wife and I got a 'certificate of no impedance' from our local council in Aberdeen. Wife's cousin arranged church and barangay wedding & paperwork in the provinces, we turned up and got married about a week after we arrived there. I have traveled all over the world for 40 years and never contacted the British Embassy for anything.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 1:14 pm
Forum Regular

bestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nicebestvue is just really nice

We got our " certificate of no impedance" from the British embassy in Abu dhabi and had to have it indorced at the embassy in Manila.( that was 15 yrs ago) I always thought the easiest option would have been a fiancee visa to get your intended into the UK then get married in the UK.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by bestvue
We got our " certificate of no impedance" from the British embassy in Abu dhabi and had to have it indorced at the embassy in Manila.( that was 15 yrs ago) I always thought the easiest option would have been a fiancee visa to get your intended into the UK then get married in the UK.
the problem with a fiance visa is it takes around six months to get approved then once my fiance is in the uk we would need to marry then apply for a visa which can take another 3-6 months and she cannot work in that time. With the Spouse option once we are married in the PH we can apply for a UK visa which takes 3-6 months then she can also work once shes in the uk, so the spouse Visa is a cheaper option which is important to me as Im 26 and just got my first property so the cost is an important factor.
Old Nov 12th 2018, 9:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Pistol Pey,
The British Embassy is closed on 24,25,26 and 31 December. You say you will be in Phils on 16 Dec so you do have a full week after your arrival to get there.
Why don't you call or email them?
Good luck.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

You are required to be in the Philippines for 10 days before you can marry, get to the embassy the day after you land, assuming it's not a weekend.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 11:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

You can book on-line now at the British Embassy in Manila. Check to see if they have appointments available after due consideration to the 10 days to which Gazza referred.

Best of luck
Old Nov 13th 2018, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11
You can book on-line now at the British Embassy in Manila. Check to see if they have appointments available after due consideration to the 10 days to which Gazza referred.

Best of luck
Is it now mandatory to use the British Embassy wrt getting married here. I have never registered with any British embassy anywhere since I, and others, were abandoned by them in Iran 40 years ago
Old Nov 13th 2018, 1:14 pm
Just Joined

Its so sad, the embassy is closed and booked up from dec 14 to jan 4 and so there is noway I can see them and do the wedding in time between my dates of dec 16 to jan 7. I thought as Im in the PH for 21 days it would be enough time but its now mandatory to book an appointment with them then 10 days after you can wed. Just wish I could book the appointment on dec 19,20,21,22 but it says unavailable online. All I need is a letter of affirmation signed at the embassy
Old Nov 13th 2018, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by PistolPey
Its so sad, the embassy is closed and booked up from dec 14 to jan 4 and so there is noway I can see them and do the wedding in time between my dates of dec 16 to jan 7. I thought as Im in the PH for 21 days it would be enough time but its now mandatory to book an appointment with them then 10 days after you can wed. Just wish I could book the appointment on dec 19,20,21,22 but it says unavailable online. All I need is a letter of affirmation signed at the embassy
Just get a certificate of no impedance from your local council office in the UK. Not sure what your intended needs as she lives here, my wife was dual citizen and had lived in the UK for over 25 years so she got the same document as I did from the council. Both of which were accepted by the system here.
Old Nov 13th 2018, 3:00 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Just get a certificate of no impedance from your local council office in the UK. Not sure what your intended needs as she lives here, my wife was dual citizen and had lived in the UK for over 25 years so she got the same document as I did from the council. Both of which were accepted by the system here.
my fiance just contacted the embasy and they stated a certificate of no impendance is no longer accepted
Old Nov 13th 2018, 4:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PistolPey

my fiance just contacted the embasy and they stated a certificate of no impendance is no longer accepted
Yes it changed a few years ago.
Old Nov 14th 2018, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

If this bill passes, it will add even more difficulties.
New legal restrictions will make marrying a Filipina much more difficult | Philippines Lifestyle News
Old Apr 4th 2019, 1:38 pm
Just Joined

graham59 is an unknown quantity at this point

Check with the British embassy in Manila for current requirements, and to make an appointment to receive your Affirmation or Affidavit.... which replaces the old British CENOMAR (depending if getting married in church or not) through their WEBSITE.
Old out of date info has been given here.

Last edited by graham59; Apr 4th 2019 at 1:40 pm.
Old Apr 4th 2019, 1:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Get the terminology right -
Certificate of No Impediment

Googling will get lots of results - some out of date.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.