Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

Plug adaptor UK to Philippines

View Poll Results: What type of adaptor for UK 3 pin plug to use in Philippines
adaptor for UK 3pin plug in Philippines
0%
What adaptor for type G plug in Philippines
0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Plug adaptor UK to Philippines

Old Feb 11th 2022, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Boltonbuddy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Plug adaptor UK to Philippines

Hi, now the Philippines are open, I'm looking forward to coming out. Could anyone explain what type of adaptor I would need for small electric items ie shaver, toothbrush and phone.
UK 3 pin plug to use in Philippines.
TIA
Old Feb 11th 2022, 9:15 am
Just Joined

skippyscage is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Plug adaptor UK to Philippines

same as the US 2 flat pin - most adapters these days can cope with any country as they have multiple holes
Old Feb 11th 2022, 8:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

I have some simple adapters saying "use only on the continent"! They tell you to have the pins vertical for the USA and slanting a little for Aus/NZ. As Skippy says outlets are the same as the USA here. If you end up resident better to just cut off the UK plug and attach local ones.
Old Feb 11th 2022, 11:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

UK plug adaptors are readily available here in the hardware stores.
Old Feb 13th 2022, 11:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
I have some simple adapters saying "use only on the continent"! They tell you to have the pins vertical for the USA and slanting a little for Aus/NZ. As Skippy says outlets are the same as the USA here. If you end up resident better to just cut off the UK plug and attach local ones.
I did it round the other way, when I built the house I explained to the electrician about earth wires and shipped out a load of UK wall sockets of which about half have USB charge connections in them so I don't keep hearing "Where is my charger?"
Old Feb 13th 2022, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
I did it round the other way, when I built the house I explained to the electrician about earth wires and shipped out a load of UK wall sockets of which about half have USB charge connections in them so I don't keep hearing "Where is my charger?"
Yes all our houses plus brother and sister in laws are wired with UK wire and components.
Old Apr 4th 2022, 10:39 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold

That is a totally illegal and dangerous adapter. No shutters for a start. Insufficient plastic round the sides so plugs can be inserted with one pin or upside down. Can't see the other side but does it have an earth pin?

Smash it up and throw the remains in the bin for your families safety.
Old Apr 4th 2022, 11:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by winston_1
That is a totally illegal and dangerous adapter. No shutters for a start. Insufficient plastic round the sides so plugs can be inserted with one pin or upside down. Can't see the other side but does it have an earth pin?

Shutters, earth pins, what planet are you from. Welcome to the the land where a junction box is a reel of pvc tape.
Old Apr 4th 2022, 11:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winston_1

1/ This adaptor is not illegal

2/ Earth pin in the Philippines?

3/ Never seen them used as you described, thick or thin plastic included

I have used these for years, did so yesterday with british black and decker drill. No one has died or come to harm and/or injury from many tears of use. We do not have 240v here
Old Apr 5th 2022, 12:12 am
BE Forum Addict

That's something you will need to get used to in the Philippines, In general electrical fittings are very poor quality Chinese knockoffs of 110V US fittings, and yes run at 240v. Plumbing and fitting are of a similar very poor quality. If you want to find the fuse panel in a building assuming they have one just follow the soot on the ceiling. If they don't have a ceiling it's a bit more difficult. During the rainy season there are more electricutions than drownings in the floods.
Old Apr 5th 2022, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
That's something you will need to get used to in the Philippines, In general electrical fittings are very poor quality Chinese knockoffs of 110V US fittings, and yes run at 240v. Plumbing and fitting are of a similar very poor quality. If you want to find the fuse panel in a building assuming they have one just follow the soot on the ceiling. If they don't have a ceiling it's a bit more difficult. During the rainy season there are more electricutions than drownings in the floods.
Instead of using an adapter just go for the local system that I have seen used on more than one occasion and that is two bared wire ends stuffed in the socket and held in place by two nails with some duck tape around the top. Works a treat.
Old Apr 5th 2022, 12:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Stokkevn
Instead of using an adapter just go for the local system that I have seen used on more than one occasion and that is two bared wire ends stuffed in the socket and held in place by two nails with some duck tape around the top. Works a treat.
Or slicing the main line with two razor blades to hang a welding set on. You will soon get used to walking around with a pair of marigolds in your back pocket
Old Jun 6th 2022, 11:24 pm
Forum Regular

winston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to beholdwinston_1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
The US uses 120v not 110.
Old Jun 7th 2022, 5:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

"The US uses 120v not 110." So what who cares!
Old Jun 7th 2022, 5:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bealinehx
"The US uses 120v not 110." So what who cares!
Just to be pedantic it's actually 110-120V 60 Hz, the Philippines is 220-240V 60Hz.
It started at 110v and gradually changed over the years and was standardised at 120v in 1984. So although it's now 120v it has always been known as 110v.

Last edited by Gazza-d; Jun 7th 2022 at 6:06 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.