Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

PhilSys-Philippine Systems-How Do You Feel About It?

PhilSys-Philippine Systems-How Do You Feel About It?

Old Jun 21st 2018, 12:54 am
Forum Regular

liam_neeson is an unknown quantity at this point
Default PhilSys-Philippine Systems-How Do You Feel About It?

Unless I missed it, it does not seem like anyone is talking about the new PhilSys National ID. What do you guys think about it all?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:15 am
Forum Regular

kompani101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: PhilSys-Philippine Systems-How Do You Feel About It?

I have to admit total ignorance of this new ID system. As I'm still only a visitor/tourist until a month or so when I apply for my 13a Residents Visa I assume it does not apply to me.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 7:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Not interested in the new ID system I already have the Id system, it is called an ACR card
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:40 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
Not interested in the new ID system I already have the Id system, it is called an ACR card
Just Google the Rappler news item from earlier this month: "What you need to know about the Philippine National ID system" and you will see that aliens are included!

PS I would give you the link, but every time I give one I can't end it and make a comment. Does anyone know how you do that?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 11:21 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Just Google the Rappler news item from earlier this month: "What you need to know about the Philippine National ID system" and you will see that aliens are included!

PS I would give you the link, but every time I give one I can't end it and make a comment. Does anyone know how you do that?
I am sure we are included.

I also suspect that the authorities will conclude we are already included ahead of their own)

I could be wrong as we do live in la la land, I do not expect them to demand we have a second ID card
Old Jun 21st 2018, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

I also suspect that the authorities will conclude we are already included ahead of their own)

I could be wrong as we do live in la la land, I do not expect them to demand we have a second ID card
I don't think we will ever get an ID Card. They are failing to be able fulfill the supply just a few million driving licenses, so the chances of being able to produce 110 million ID cards with the correct info on it is looking a bit slim.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by kompani101
I have to admit total ignorance of this new ID system. As I'm still only a visitor/tourist until a month or so when I apply for my 13a Residents Visa I assume it does not apply to me.
Of course it applies to you.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

The ARC card is not the old system. That is only for aliens. The old system would be the UMID. With Pag-IBIG, PhilHealth, GSIS, SSS(deleted with UNID), TIN, Postal, and so on.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:34 pm
Forum Regular

Second? There are currently LOADS of ID we have to have. The national ID will reduce that. But since most of our cards(Pag-IBIG/HDMF,SSS, PhilHealth, GSIS, TIN) have been reduced to the UMID and Postal, there is not much of a need for the PhilSys. The scary part about it is that, like UMID, we will have our finger and hand prints, but they will also include retinal iris scans, and we will have a personal file, where they will update and collect all sorts of data on us. Scary crap.

CNN
RAPPLER
NEWSBYTES
PHILSTAR
PHILIPPINE LATEST
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

If you read the article they talking about a national id card for citizens, foreigners already have one it's cslled a passport.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
If you read the article they talking about a national id card for citizens, foreigners already have one it's cslled a passport.
Foreigners cannot get a passport. And having a passport is not relevant anyway. Everyone has to be registered in PhilSys.
Old Jun 21st 2018, 11:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

No they don't as is not yet implemented. Date yet to advised
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 6:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by liam_neeson
Foreigners cannot get a passport. And having a passport is not relevant anyway. Everyone has to be registered in PhilSys.
As a foreigner in the Philippines or any other country it's mandatory to have a passport, often to carry it at all times.
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 12:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
As a foreigner in the Philippines or any other country it's mandatory to have a passport, often to carry it at all times.
Depends on what arrange,ents you are under

Permanent residents are not required to carry their passports they are expected to carry their ACR card

Not so sure about tourists, I be surprised if a colour copy of their passport would not be enough
Old Jun 22nd 2018, 12:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Your not reading what I wrote. How can you update any visa status, tourist, residence etc without a valid passport.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.