Phil Health

Old Jul 3rd 2017, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phil Health

Yes I saw that video Pete. As any other health insurance for my wife and I is prohibitive we have no choice but to use PhilHealth. Still reasonable value for money though.
Old Jul 4th 2017, 3:23 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by quiltman
Interesting Pete! When I have renewed previously (usually at LBC for convenience) my receipt states the new validity - Jan 1 17 to Dec 17 for example . I noticed in the circular that the PRA will be giving PhilHealth details of SRRV holders for them to build up database in order to determine eligibility and contact re enrollement. I wonder if the BI will be doing the same for ACR holders?
I am surprised that they are allowed to do this, is there not a data protection act issue unless the individual concerned has signed a waiver
Old Jul 4th 2017, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

quiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond reputequiltman has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike
I am surprised that they are allowed to do this, is there not a data protection act issue unless the individual concerned has signed a waiver
No idea Mike. It may only apply to SRRV holders, see section VI 2.
https://www.philhealth.gov.ph/circul...c2017-0003.pdf
Old Jul 4th 2017, 3:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Seems there IS a data protection Act! https://iapp.org/news/a/summary-phil...g-regulations/ however, this extract probably gives the PRA the go ahead! Well , under a Filipino interpretation anyway!
"One exception in the act provides that the law does not apply to the processing of personal information in the Philippines that was lawfully collected from residents of foreign jurisdictions — an exception helpful for Philippines companies that offer cloud services."
Old Jul 5th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

If I was an SRRV holder i would be asking the question.

I do not wish to start intrigue. the reason why government departments did not share info was the concern of certain people to target individuals for criminal purposes. then again if they are foreigners who cares!!
Old Jul 5th 2017, 4:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by mikemike
If I was an SRRV holder i would be asking the question.

I do not wish to start intrigue. the reason why government departments did not share info was the concern of certain people to target individuals for criminal purposes. then again if they are foreigners who cares!!
I originally read that as info collected from folks who were not resident here. A lot of sites say that your info will be held on servers outside the UK so UK data protection laws may not apply. As an SRRV holder , I'm classed as a resident so I suppose i could start stirring the beehive! I don't like being stung so will probably just ask the question - in passing as it were - when I go to pick up this years renewal cards in a couple of week.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 1:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Greetings!

I received this e.mail from Philhealth the other day which I think is self explanatory and definitive.

Regards

Pete

Greetings from PhilHealth!

Yes sir, you are covered up until December 2020 since you have paid your contributions at the regular rate (P2,400) which covers January 2018-December 2020 prior July 01,2017.

You may continue paying your contributions on January 2021 with the new rate.

For other concerns and further queries, you may e-mail us again or call our action center hotline at 441-7442.

For more information and other updates, please visit our website at www.philhealth.gov.ph

Thank you.

Warm regards,

CORPORATE ACTION CENTER

Old Jul 13th 2017, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

That's good news Pete! However, it would be interesting to know if you are still covered for the Z package during this time.
Old Jul 13th 2017, 2:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

I very much doubt it....but I will pose the question and let you know. Good point though.

Regards

Pete
Old Jul 15th 2017, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I mention this as the cost of medical services are a topic of importance to fellow ex pats. I had an accident which meant an overnight stay in hospital and treatment.i do not have any insurance although my credit card does cover me, the exception being that not returning to the U.K. Invalidates it (6 months clause)
To my surprise my wife asked for a pensioner discount which is available for over 60s. The cashier asked for some ID, which we produced my U.K. Driving license, showing my age. No further questions were asked and our bill was reduced by 20%!.
I have to go back to hospital next week for an operation to have titanium plates inserted into fractured cheek bones. The consultant informed us the cost of the treatment would be about Php 200k.Whilst paying for the pre op examination We inquired about the 20% discount and were told that I would be given the OAP discount. Incidentally I got 20% off the pre op consultancy fee.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 3:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Quiltman.....the answer as we thought>

*Greetings from PhilHealth!

As per Circular nos. 3 series of 2017 stated that Members and their qualified dependents shall be entitled to the prescribed PhilHealth benefits accorded to the Members in the Informal Economy in accredited health care
facilities except for:
a. Z Benefit package
b. Special privileges of Women About To Give Birth (WATGB)
c. Reimbursement for all confinements abroad

For other concerns and further queries, you may e-mail us again or call our action center hotline at 441-7442.

For more information and other updates, please visit our website at www.philhealth.gov.ph*

MikeK1

Get well soon!

Regards

Pete
Old Jul 18th 2017, 9:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Pete! thought so , so even if the old rates apply for the rest of your lower cost subscription, they have removed a large part of the benefits. At least they are replying to you! Thanks for the update.
Gary
Old Jul 20th 2017, 1:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond reputemikek1 has a reputation beyond repute

Thought I would update fellow ex pats on my recent operation. The treatment and care I received at the hospital was first class. The hospital and private room were spotless and comfortable. Nursing was constant and very continuous. I was surprised how knowledgeable the doctors and consultants were. Too be honest, I doubt the NHS could have provided a more swift ,caring,private treatment.
My operation was to reset fractured cheekbones which were the result of a pedestrian walking out in front of me whilst cycling. Initialy I had doubts that a hospital outside Manila would have all the necessary hi tech equipment to treat my injury. I was completely wrong, the hospital was equipped to a level that easily was able to make my treatment painless, and correct.
Regarding the cost, it was expensive (173k) especially for an accident that was unexpected and not my fault,however should I have had this operation done at a private UK hospital the cost would have been significantly higher. Unfortunately I do not have phill health (will obtain it as soon as I have converlessed) but the 20% discount for OAP,s certainly helped.
I can conclude that should any members have the misfortune of an accident,there is no need to fear medium sized Philippines hospitals.
Old Jul 20th 2017, 4:25 pm
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikek1
Thought I would update fellow ex pats on my recent operation. The treatment and care I received at the hospital was first class. The hospital and private room were spotless and comfortable. Nursing was constant and very continuous. I was surprised how knowledgeable the doctors and consultants were. Too be honest, I doubt the NHS could have provided a more swift ,caring,private treatment.
My operation was to reset fractured cheekbones which were the result of a pedestrian walking out in front of me whilst cycling. Initialy I had doubts that a hospital outside Manila would have all the necessary hi tech equipment to treat my injury. I was completely wrong, the hospital was equipped to a level that easily was able to make my treatment painless, and correct.
Regarding the cost, it was expensive (173k) especially for an accident that was unexpected and not my fault,however should I have had this operation done at a private UK hospital the cost would have been significantly higher. Unfortunately I do not have phill health (will obtain it as soon as I have converlessed) but the 20% discount for OAP,s certainly helped.
I can conclude that should any members have the misfortune of an accident,there is no need to fear medium sized Philippines hospitals.
Thats good to know Mike. Can you share with us the hospital, city?
Old Jul 21st 2017, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

My treatment was carried out at the Nazereth General Hospital, Dagupan City, Pangasinan.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.