Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

New User - Would be really grateful for some help!

New User - Would be really grateful for some help!

Old Jul 22nd 2011, 1:31 am
Just Joined

manilabound is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile New User - Would be really grateful for some help!

Hello all

I am looking to move to Manila in a couple of months and would really appreicate some pointers in a few areas.

Both myself and partner will be working and my main concern is our son who will be 17 months old. He is obviously our priority and as we will both be working I would like to know if anybody has any information on good and safe day care centres in Manila for ex pat children (if such a thing exists). I would prefer this option to a nanny if possible as I think it would be more fun for him. I have trawled the site but can only find information on school age children.

My second question is advice on areas around Makati to rent an appartment. Safety is my number one priority and I would rather pay more for a great appartment with good facilities in a safe complex and would really appreciate some advice (and idea of cost if possible).

Lastly, can anybody advise if there is much to do with a child of preschool age (especially with the heat being an issue). I have spent a fair bit of time in Manila but before child so this is all going to be very different and I want to make sure we make the right decision.

Many thanks in advance!
Old Jul 22nd 2011, 8:36 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New User - Would be really grateful for some help!

Just to say Hi and welcome to the forum There's a good bunch of folks in the Philippines on this sub-forum and I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer your questions. all the best.