New to Manila

Old Nov 28th 2007, 11:56 am
Just Joined

hughes26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: to all you Brits !!!

Originally Posted by Fas
Hello I have read your posts and wander if your still here? I am in Marikina but can go anywhere for a few beers and a chat at anytime if anybody fancys meeting up. I am 32,English and have been here for 2 months,
look forward to some replys ??
hey i am online i have a yahoo id its lovetotalk2ya2002............
Old Dec 11th 2007, 5:13 pm
Just Joined

gentlejitsuka has a spectacular aura aboutgentlejitsuka has a spectacular aura aboutgentlejitsuka has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to Manila

Hi there,

Sorry, your reply notice got lost in my inbox somewhere. I'm going home for the holidays but if you're around in January let me know
Old Dec 12th 2007, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

sburton is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Calaca

Can anyone tell me what it is like living in Calaca.....don't know much about the geography yet are there towns close....I see Cebu is close...

Cheers,
Steve
Old Feb 24th 2008, 12:23 am
Just Joined

georgie.u is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi hi hi...
I know it's a bit late in the day but I've just arrived. Living in Manila. Properly craving some British sarcasm!!!
I've actually been working here for about 5months already but only just found out I'm moving here permanently so am on the hunt for fellow brits...
Anyone up for some salsa in Havanas at some point?
Georgie
Old Feb 27th 2008, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

gentlejitsuka has a spectacular aura aboutgentlejitsuka has a spectacular aura aboutgentlejitsuka has a spectacular aura about

Permanently? Goodness...

I'm still here but am being reposted to Abu Dhabi in June - I've got a friend who's also a Brit and here indefinitely so I'm sure between us we can throw a little sarcasm your way
Old Feb 28th 2008, 10:19 am
Just Joined

sorry - small exaggeration! perhaps a year or so. But yey! how fun! er.. not really sure how this thing works, or what usual policy is, but do you want to drop me an email at [email protected]? looking forward to hearing from you.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Johnny T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all!
Im John 33 years old been living in Manila for 6 months now, can anyone tell me if there is a regular meet up for brits around town?? I just need a good old giggle with some fellow countrymen.
Please reply if you can help!
John
Old Jun 26th 2008, 12:32 pm
Just Joined

How exciting!! come to M cafe under the ayala museum on saturday night...I intend to be there with a welshman...

Georgie
Old Jun 26th 2008, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

Johnny T is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Georgie..
I never expected a reply so quick.. But great thanks i shall be there..

I was living in leicester before i moved here at xmas.. I have a business in SM North, 2 months its been open, Its really tough starting a business here in the philippines but its open and working (just)
Well thanks again..

See u sat,
John
Old Jun 27th 2008, 8:33 am
Just Joined

excellent...although, we're going for supper before hand if you'd like to join us - that would probably be easier than trying to track us down in m cafe.
email me on the above address and we'll sort something out...

Georgie
Old Jul 14th 2008, 10:20 pm
Just Joined

kitmanjen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: help me please, i want to move to philly

Ok hi all, im carl, my fiance is pinoy, and has a great job as a principal of a school, now im hoping to bring her to England in 8-9 weeks, for up to 6 months, i have all my documents etc, but i have no savings and due to separating from my wife i am home with mum aghhh im 34 what a nightmare haha, but i have met Jen and wow what a lady, we have met in hong kong and i just got back from 3 weeks in manila and her home city near legaspi, i loved it there, so as i say, i have no savings, and i work for the John lewis partnership, i dont earn mega bucks but im not on anything like minimum wage, now when the immigration people look at my bank statements, they will see im not left with lots left at the end of the month, will this go against me? of will i need £5-6000 in savings to stand a chance of her coming? can anyone help me please? thank you, sorry if im asking in the wrong place newby take care all, kitmanjen
Old Jan 30th 2009, 11:24 am
Just Joined

adam35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gentlejitsuka
Hi,

I have recently been posted to Manila by the office, I'll be here for 18 months. Everyone here is very welcoming and friendly - however I was still wondering how to make contact if anyone from home is around. Things seem quite quiet on the net - any advice? Embassy and BritCouncil not that helpful....
who do you work for and can i get ajob there? i live in england and want to move there with my filipina wife!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud ofsunnydays has much to be proud of
Default Re: help me please, i want to move to philly

Hi, I'm from the Northampton area, sorry for late answer, been away from the forum for some time busy with hobbies etc. whats the situation now?

Peter

Originally Posted by kitmanjen
Ok hi all, im carl, my fiance is pinoy, and has a great job as a principal of a school, now im hoping to bring her to England in 8-9 weeks, for up to 6 months, i have all my documents etc, but i have no savings and due to separating from my wife i am home with mum aghhh im 34 what a nightmare haha, but i have met Jen and wow what a lady, we have met in hong kong and i just got back from 3 weeks in manila and her home city near legaspi, i loved it there, so as i say, i have no savings, and i work for the John lewis partnership, i dont earn mega bucks but im not on anything like minimum wage, now when the immigration people look at my bank statements, they will see im not left with lots left at the end of the month, will this go against me? of will i need £5-6000 in savings to stand a chance of her coming? can anyone help me please? thank you, sorry if im asking in the wrong place newby take care all, kitmanjen