Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > Philippines
Reload this Page >

NEED A GOOD BUSINESS LAWYER

NEED A GOOD BUSINESS LAWYER

Old Aug 28th 2012, 11:33 am
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light
Default NEED A GOOD BUSINESS LAWYER

Hi all i am looking to register a business over there ( a 60/40 partnership with my pinoy wife) think it will have to be a limited company due to the set up and shares etc, can any one recommend a good lawyer that can help?? I no i will have to pay for this service but dont want ripping off. Any help would be appreciated

Tony
Old Nov 27th 2012, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

DaveInGensan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: NEED A GOOD BUSINESS LAWYER

I am looking, too, Tony. I will let you know if I find one. Please do the same. What location are you considering? (Luzon, Mindanao...??)
Dave
Old Nov 27th 2012, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

googly is an unknown quantity at this point

Cant help you there even though i have had a business here with my wife for 14 years. She is the sole owner. Is there a reason you don't want your wife to own 100%?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 10:04 pm
been here b4

hcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of lighthcmcman is a glorious beacon of light

Hi Dave, not 100% sure yet just need the business name set up first we are hoping to settle in Cebu or pampaga. Keep in touch mate

Tony
Old Nov 28th 2012, 8:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hcmcman
Hi all i am looking to register a business over there ( a 60/40 partnership with my pinoy wife) think it will have to be a limited company due to the set up and shares etc, can any one recommend a good lawyer that can help?? I no i will have to pay for this service but dont want ripping off. Any help would be appreciated

Tony
You can't set a business up with your wife as you and your wife are considered a single entity. You can have a 60/40 with others but of course you will be the 40%, the other 60% pinoy. Going 100% with the wife is probably the best option unless you know several pinoy partners you trust unconditionally.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Gazza-d
You can't set a business up with your wife as you and your wife are considered a single entity. You can have a 60/40 with others but of course you will be the 40%, the other 60% pinoy. Going 100% with the wife is probably the best option unless you know several pinoy partners you trust unconditionally.
That's why its better to go with the wife.
Old Nov 28th 2012, 9:51 am
Just Joined

Outrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really niceOutrigger_Ian is just really nice

Having been in the same place and having looked at the alternatives.. would have to agree with the previous comments.. 100% in wifes name has worked out best..
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:26 am
Just Joined

dennigmt is an unknown quantity at this point

The British embassy can supply you with a list of Lawyers, they list the lawyers and the specific areas of competence (Google it for the embassy)
Old Dec 12th 2012, 8:31 am
been here b4

Thanks for all advise, on reflection it seems a million times easier to trust the wife, AS I DO 100% it's a matter of trusting your wife I recon haha
Old Dec 13th 2012, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

Good decision. Hope your business plan works out for you and your wife.