NCR llockdown

Old Jun 6th 2020, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: NCR llockdown

A lot to do with saying Seniors "must stay at home'...which is the memorable bit,,,then following it with the exemption for essential outings. Which obviously wasn't and still isn't taken in by many. Better saying something like "must usually stay at home, except for....". Behind that I think there are some wrong preconceptions here about the fitness and capability of many Seniors, especially Expats. The previous poster got away with claiming 14 years younger!.
Old Jun 8th 2020, 5:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Raffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond reputeRaffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Raffin
Now Manila's a General Quarantine area things look much livelier around Paranaque..........
............But I read a report that two very localized short term lockdowns are planned from tomorrow on two streets in a nearby barangay to us. Many COVID cases there apparently.
To me this is another indication, on top of the steady rise in cases daily, that the authorities are not at all confident about the size of the outbreak and its ability to spread here in Manila.
Just seen a report on the "rapid testing" last week of residents living in the two streets mentioned above. It yielded 78 positives out of 1678 people tested. With the caveat that those 78 will be retested to confirm, that would add to the 119 positive cases already recorded in the containing barangay. And over half the new positives were asymptomatic. Not surprising, given the area is densely populated with narrow roads etc. where it's very difficult to properly socially distance.

The thing is that just about every city in MM has these areas. If the DOH and local authorities can do rapid testing in most of them that will improve things a lot. But if not the whole Metro area will be treated for a long time as a large region where the virus is not under control with travel restrictions maintained to adjoining provinces.
Old Jun 10th 2020, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Watched the latest BBC news, which this morning was mainly about a messy situation there in England with primary schools, Not all years now going back in the near future. Being left up to head teachers. Same messy situation here really with education..probably even more serious. The President said no vaccine, no face to face classes. His spokesman later "clarified" that that meant no physical classes until Quarantines ended. Presumably a lot sooner...unless no large second wave. Meanwhile lack of good internet means the combination of worksheets plus online won't, if ever it could be, even a close substitute. Anyway parents want and need to get back to work. And the economy needs them to do so too, Kids with rich parents will manage somehow but the poor will be further disadvantaged. Think social distancing needs to be looked at in a wider context here with education together with the data on children. It's well established they are less infected, but not clear how infectious they could be.

Seems to me that in general social distancing is not being considered in context. Old style Jeepneys are not yet allowed back. The extra buses are nowhere near enough.and on the right routes...some people are now experiencing 4 hour commutes, according to reports. But inside there's usually plenty of mixing with outdoor air. When they are back with social distancing will they be worth running? If not will their operation be subsidised by a government still dealing with a virus outbreak and which has already paid a lot out to the poor over the past few months.?
Old Jun 12th 2020, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Some questionable Quarantine experiences in Paranaque today:

First, at the regular grocery, extra busy on Independence day, found they now had put in a "Frontliners" checkout beside the usual Senior one. Frontliners defined in writing and pictures as Doctors, Nurses, Police and Army!! Problem was there were few of them in the line and they were joined by many Seniors, who either did so by habit as it also said "Priority" or who didn't like the long Seniors line building up next door. Many Seniors were there as they don't have to wait to get in. Whether the Frontliners can also just walk in I couldn't find out. Anyway, as usual there were some ineffective attempts by various staff to sort out the Frontliners line and someone who looked like a doctor went to complain at a higher level. Nothing came of that.

Then, off to a nearby dental clinic to get an X ray for my wife. Asked for P1,600! The same X ray was only P300 in January. The receptionist had no explanation for the increase. Then, went to another dental clinic at another Mall and there was asked P450 for the X ray ..well, it is a new clinic in a Mall....plus P350 for COVID -19 precautions ie payment for a new protective gown, the same as the one the Dentist there had on. I was told it was the washable type. But despite buying it you don't take it away after. Interestingly my wife said that at the first clinic she didn't see anyone around wearing a gown of any sort.

Lastly, got a take out from Jolibee. Before ordering you fill out a small form with date/time, name and phone number. and submit it. With no explanation of why they want it. Are they, or whoever decided on it, really serious it will enable contact tracing?
Old Jun 12th 2020, 11:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Lastly, got a take out from Jolibee. Before ordering you fill out a small form with date/time, name and phone number. and submit it. With no explanation of why they want it. Are they, or whoever decided on it, really serious it will enable contact tracing?
When my wife ordered a pizza at the shopping mall a few weeks ago, we got the same bit of paper, so it was 'Father Xmas', date and time was 01.01.1900 at 00:00 and a fictitious phone number. Everything accepted. So I assume some other poor bugger is now getting texts/calls offering delivered pizza at huge price.
Old Jun 15th 2020, 12:45 am
BE Forum Addict

The British PM is considering reducing the minimum social distancing rule there from 2m down to 1m. I wasn't aware it was up at 2m and so am thinking the Philippines went sensibly for 1m. Just thinking of those lines outside groceries! Most other countries also seem to be at 1m though Taiwan is at 1.5m inside.

The UK restaurant, pubs and bar trade organisations have said keeping the 2m rule will force large scale closures. Here those businesses in he NCR should know today whether they can operate at a maximum of 50% capacity. Also with table spacing, diner separation. Then the questions over the next few months are...Will customers feel safe enough to come in? Afford to come in? Will they enjoy the experience? If not, even with rent reductions, many establishments will close. Many low paid jobs at risk in the NCR especially.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 4:46 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

The British PM is considering reducing the minimum social distancing rule there from 2m down to 1m. I wasn't aware it was up at 2m and so am thinking the Philippines went sensibly for 1m. Just thinking of those lines outside groceries! Most other countries also seem to be at 1m though Taiwan is at 1.5m inside.

The UK restaurant, pubs and bar trade organisations have said keeping the 2m rule will force large scale closures. Here those businesses in he NCR should know today whether they can operate at a maximum of 50% capacity. Also with table spacing, diner separation. Then the questions over the next few months are...Will customers feel safe enough to come in? Afford to come in? Will they enjoy the experience? If not, even with rent reductions, many establishments will close. Many low paid jobs at risk in the NCR especially.
I think you're confused Raffin. The social distancing here in Fils is in fact 2m same as UK.
Old Jun 16th 2020, 5:08 am
BE Forum Addict

https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/news...story/?just_in

A midnight announcement that Manila staying on GCQ for at least a further fortnight. Then the Palace spokesman saying they want to be under 40,000 cases by July.. Sounds a useful aim until you realize it could be achieved by simply holding back on testing! Surely unintentional, but this is exactly a line the US President has pushed a number of times..

The Covid-19 PR doesn't look too good here...the daily statistics of cases are split into fresh and delayed, and when the latter is greater, as it often is, this is cited as a reason to put less importance on the total. Also look out for a tendency to stress the number of recoveries. But it's a young population here. And IATF members don't seem to be showing up to be questioned. Much of this is In line with what is happening in the US and the UK.

Seems many politicians worldwide don't know what best to do in the next few months with Covid and the economy until a successful vaccine is available. Better they admitted that more often rather than pretend they do.

Old Jun 16th 2020, 11:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
I think you're confused Raffin. The social distancing here in Fils is in fact 2m same as UK.
Interesting to read that as over the last 3 months I haven't seen any official mention of 2m nor any use of 2m in signs, practice etc around our part of Manila at least. Always say 1m or look about 1m. I looked at the executive order from Malacanag on March 13 and it doesn't give a figure. But I did find this news item on guidelines for public transport:

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...under-gcq-dilg

Though It's always possible that an LGU does it's own thing. Where did you get the idea of 2m from? Grocery lines here on some days have been very long and awkward for operators to manage. If people had been standing 2m apart they would have have been almost impossible.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

David Mashael is an unknown quantity at this point

Interesting to read that as over the last 3 months I haven't seen any official mention of 2m nor any use of 2m in signs, practice etc around our part of Manila at least. Always say 1m or look about 1m. I looked at the executive order from Malacanag on March 13 and it doesn't give a figure. But I did find this news item on guidelines for public transport:

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2...under-gcq-dilg

Though It's always possible that an LGU does it's own thing. Where did you get the idea of 2m from? Grocery lines here on some days have been very long and awkward for operators to manage. If people had been standing 2m apart they would have have been almost impossible.
In Davao it has always been and still is 2m or 6ft
Old Jun 18th 2020, 8:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

Davao is probably the best managed city in the Philippines.
Old Jun 18th 2020, 8:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by David Mashael
In Davao it has always been and still is 2m or 6ft
https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1042001

Not officially. Read through this and you will just see "at least 1 meter".. I just saw one news item where Sara Duterte "advised" 2m.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 2:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

https://pia.gov.ph/news/articles/1042001

Not officially. Read through this and you will just see "at least 1 meter".. I just saw one news item where Sara Duterte "advised" 2m.
At my local Palawan there are signs dotted all over the place referring to Covid 19 precautions.. One reads one metre.. Another two metres... And a third states six feet. Just take your pick I guess..

Regards
​​​​​​.
Old Jun 19th 2020, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Bealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond reputeBealinehx has a reputation beyond repute

P11,
Good to learn that you are alive and kicking
Old Jun 19th 2020, 5:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Some questionable Quarantine experiences in Paranaque today:

First, at the regular grocery...

Then, off to a nearby dental clinic to get an X ray for my wife. Asked for P1,600! The same X ray was only P300 in January. The receptionist had no explanation for the increase. Then, went to another dental clinic at another Mall and there was asked P450 for the X ray ..well, it is a new clinic in a Mall....plus P350 for COVID -19 precautions ie payment for a new protective gown, the same as the one the Dentist there had on. I was told it was the washable type. But despite buying it you don't take it away after. Interestingly my wife said that at the first clinic she didn't see anyone around wearing a gown of any sort.
An update on going to a private dentist, having got your X-ray. If you find one in business you first need to fill out a form....it will probably be done online as generally here they are not at their clinics. Mostly about your health, dental situation (you have to be in some pain etc), and you sign a disclaimer. You also commit to pay for extra COVID precautions. You send the completed form back to your dentist and arrange an appointment. As it happened my wife was just given a plastic hair cap and foot protectors. I wasn't allowed in. The bill was about the same as pre COVID.

Restaurants in Paranaque now allowed to open at 30% capacity, with dividers and need customers to fill in a contact tracing form.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.