Moving to the phillpines.

Old Jun 14th 2018, 9:11 pm
Just Joined

deevo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Moving to the phillpines.

So now I have decided to move to the ph. My intention is to go over there on a typical thirty day visa and marry my fiancé thus being able to apply and obtain a spousal visa I was wondering what documents I needed to take abroad with me.
I want to go there in December and arrive with no worries or fears about being unprepared. I'd rather push back the date then be even slightly unsure. Since moving country is such a big deal. Has anyone who did this recently or knows about the steps requires able to guide me a little?
Thank you all so much in advance.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 1:41 am
BE Enthusiast

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Moving to the phillpines.

Originally Posted by deevo View Post
So now I have decided to move to the ph. My intention is to go over there on a typical thirty day visa and marry my fiancé thus being able to apply and obtain a spousal visa I was wondering what documents I needed to take abroad with me.
I want to go there in December and arrive with no worries or fears about being unprepared. I'd rather push back the date then be even slightly unsure. Since moving country is such a big deal. Has anyone who did this recently or knows about the steps requires able to guide me a little?
ON arrival go to the Immigration desk and get the visa extended to 59 days free of charge. You do not just get married and get a spousal visa. Suggest you google marriage requirements for a foreigner marrying in the Philippines
Old Jun 15th 2018, 5:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Bring every certificate you can think of ( originals or certified copies ). I brought Birth, christening, cert of no impedance, police showing I am not a UK criminal, parents marriage cert ( to show mother's maiden name ), letter(s) from tax office and from my old employer to show I was a person of good moral standing and bank statement showing where you keep your funds. I have been asked to show all of these ( except christening cert ) on more than one occasion over the years. Philippines is not a paperless society so do not let anyone keep your original paperwork, if they need to keep something give them a certified copy.

Last edited by Stokkevn; Jun 15th 2018 at 5:46 am. Reason: can't spell
Old Jun 15th 2018, 7:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Gazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond reputeGazza-d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikemike View Post
ON arrival go to the Immigration desk and get the visa extended to 59 days free of charge. You do not just get married and get a spousal visa. Suggest you google marriage requirements for a foreigner marrying in the Philippines
The 59 day visa is not free, only the first 30 days.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 11:57 am
BE Enthusiast

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gazza-d View Post
The 59 day visa is not free, only the first 30 days.
How much is to extend on arrival to 59 days?
Old Jun 15th 2018, 1:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

I paid 2615.50 plus 500 peso Express Lane Fee in March this year....

Last edited by Philosophical 11; Jun 15th 2018 at 1:12 pm.
Old Jun 15th 2018, 6:14 pm
Just Joined

deevo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Stokkevn View Post
Bring every certificate you can think of ( originals or certified copies ). I brought Birth, christening, cert of no impedance, police showing I am not a UK criminal, parents marriage cert ( to show mother's maiden name ), letter(s) from tax office and from my old employer to show I was a person of good moral standing and bank statement showing where you keep your funds. I have been asked to show all of these ( except christening cert ) on more than one occasion over the years. Philippines is not a paperless society so do not let anyone keep your original paperwork, if they need to keep something give them a certified copy.
Hi about the letter from the tax offices? What do you mean? P45/60
Old Jun 16th 2018, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Stokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond reputeStokkevn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi about the letter from the tax offices? What do you mean? P45/60
Any recent correspondence, just to use as proof of latest address, you could use any utility bill as well, but a letter from the tax office always gains a swift tick in the box.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

liam_neeson is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow. Are they really this strict now? When I got mine, they just needed my passport and 12,000 pesos.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 4:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liam_neeson View Post
Wow. Are they really this strict now? When I got mine, they just needed my passport and 12,000 pesos.
I brought what I could and throwing them all on the table had to pay nothing.
Old Jun 20th 2018, 6:21 pm
Forum Regular

I brought what I could and throwing them all on the table had to pay nothing.
How did you get a waiver for the 12,000?
Old Jun 20th 2018, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond reputePhilosophical 11 has a reputation beyond repute

Liam..

**Wow. Are they really this strict now? When I got mine, they just needed my passport and 12,000 pesos** Not so sure its a question of being strict, but one of using common sense ....just in case. I just brought Birth Cert, Tax Forms and that's just about it from memory. What was the 12k for? Not heard of that...
Old Jun 21st 2018, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Philosophical 11 View Post
Liam..

**Wow. Are they really this strict now? When I got mine, they just needed my passport and 12,000 pesos** Not so sure its a question of being strict, but one of using common sense ....just in case. I just brought Birth Cert, Tax Forms and that's just about it from memory. What was the 12k for? Not heard of that...
You got a waiver for the 12,000 too? How? That has been the cost pretty much forever.

FEES

Curious how 2 people on here just said "Here's my foreign baptism" and the officer was like "Well then you don't have to pay the 12,000!"
Old Jun 21st 2018, 3:12 am
BE Enthusiast

12,000 for what?
Old Jun 21st 2018, 10:34 am
Forum Regular

Bealinehx is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, 12,000 for what? Surprise surprise the troll has gone quiet.

Not sure that this trolling Liam Neeson character is British as his syntax in a lot of posts include a lot N American jargon. Could he possibly be an expat Pinoy??

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service