MNL Departure taxes

Old Apr 7th 2012, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

larryX is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MNL Departure taxes

I an sure this has been covered but I have tried searching without success.

My wide Filipino permanent residence in Spain and I, British, are about to depart MNL bound for Europe. Can any please tell me what taxes we will have to pay at MNL ?

Thanks
Old Apr 9th 2012, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MNL Departure taxes

If your wife hasn't got a certificate of tax paid or exempt. Then sadly she will have to pay the tax as a Filipina. It used to be P1600, but I was told that it was up to P200 a couple of years or so ago. On top of that is the airport departure tax, that you both pay. It used to be P500 but I am sure that has increased too.
Old Apr 9th 2012, 8:51 am
BE Enthusiast

tropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond reputetropicofcancer has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry P200 should have read P2000, which was a proposal. This is paid by anyone with a Filipino passport, or anyone resident for more than a year. I am told that it is currently P1620 (second hand information). Someone who has traveled more recently, should be able to advise. The current departure tax is P550 for all on top of any other charges.
Old Apr 12th 2012, 4:11 pm
Forum Regular

larryX is an unknown quantity at this point

We left MNL on 10th April.

My wife had to pay 200 P, She has been a permanent resident in Spain for 6 years.

and we then both had to pay 750 P each departure tax.
Old Apr 16th 2012, 10:23 am
Forum Regular

PeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud ofPeteinHongKong has much to be proud of

I think for Filipinos the exit tax is linked to the ticket class on the airline - I think my wife paid P1620 for an economy class departure last time. She was told several trips ago that when she has lived in Hong Kong for 5 years she will not have to pay the exit tax - they check her HKID card every time she leaves. She will not actually qualify to apply for permanent residence in Hong Kong until she has lived there 7 years. At present she is on a dependant visa. The terminal fee in Cebu is slightly lower at P550.